1998 K1500 5.0 P1336

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Your trucks are 0411 swapped though right? I don't think the stock black box PCMs will even let you do a CASE relearn unless they actually need one for some reason. I asked my mechanic to do one once even though it wasn't throwing any codes and it wouldn't let him complete the process with a Tech 2.

EDIT - This was a '97 PCM.

I only ever did it to my 98 blackbox and 411 PCMs with EFILive. I have had the dually's 411 refuse to take a CASE relearn before, not sure why.

Brettmd2

Reaction score
I only ever did it to my 98 blackbox and 411 PCMs with EFILive. I have had the dually's 411 refuse to take a CASE relearn before, not sure why.

So I have a snap on solus pro in my possession but cannot complete a ckp relearn as the engine will not stay running. Its still only running for a few seconds and shutting off. The only code being thrown is the p1336. There is fuel and spark getting to the engine.. im so confused.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So I have a snap on solus pro in my possession but cannot complete a ckp relearn as the engine will not stay running. Its still only running for a few seconds and shutting off. The only code being thrown is the p1336. There is fuel and spark getting to the engine.. im so confused.

What's the CMPRET? Camshaft position offset value? Snapon will spit that out, but you need to catch it while it's running.

Brettmd2

Reaction score
What's the CMPRET? Camshaft position offset value? Snapon will spit that out, but you need to catch it while it's running.

From what i can read the CMPRET needs to be set with engine over 2k? My engine is running up to about 500rpm when it dies, and if i touch the throttle it dies as soon as i touch it. Not sure if it will even record any of those numbers within that short of time will it? I can check again in the morning as i packed it all up for the night.

Brettmd2

Reaction score
The spec is 1000-1200 but you can still see it at 500.

Just wondering what sort of numbers i should be looking for? Im going back out at the truck inna few
Minutes and just want an idea of what things should look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brettmd2

Reaction score

The CMPRET is reading 0, but thats not to say it just isnt running long enough to show something else. The spark degree is reading 253, and i cant seem to find the camshaft position offset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk