1998 Extended Cab Passenger Inner and Outer Rocker and?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m002922

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My passenger inner and outer rocker are toast.

Quick questions about what seems to be an intermediate panel between the inner and outer.

1) It doesn't seem for sale anywhere - or acknowledged anywhere. Anyone seen it?

2) are most people leaving these out / not worried about them? They seem like a great mechanism to trap dirt and water. I'm inclined to trim the rust of mine, rust treat it, and leave what remains, but not replace it.

Any thoughts?

For anyone looking - as of today I haven't found complete (as in one piece) inners or outers anywhere. I had conversations with multiple providers about this.

It seems you can piece together the outer from two separate pieces - and I'm going to try piecing together two standard cab inner panels to make a full inner rocker for an extended cab. No idea if that is going to work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
For what it is worth, when I put rockers on my crew cab 1997, I had to build the inners because I could not find them anywhere to purchase. I do not believe for your truck that you can find it all in one piece for the outer, most likely have to build a cab corner section and tie it into the outer rocker and possibly cut a cab corner up and make the outer out of 3 pieces. The inners on mine were not that bad to make, and I took a hole drill (1-1/2" IIRC) and drilled back out the factory holes and put the factory plugs back in.

m002922

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what it is worth, when I put rockers on my crew cab 1997, I had to build the inners because I could not find them anywhere to purchase. I do not believe for your truck that you can find it all in one piece for the outer, most likely have to build a cab corner section and tie it into the outer rocker and possibly cut a cab corner up and make the outer out of 3 pieces. The inners on mine were not that bad to make, and I took a hole drill (1-1/2" IIRC) and drilled back out the factory holes and put the factory plugs back in.
Nice to know I'm not missing anything - I couldn't find the parts either.

I may end up making my own inner, like you said, or just extend the single cab one I bought if adding two together doesn't work. No one will see it.

I appreciate the info.

m002922

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll check this out.

Like you I have about half an inner rocker to work with.