1998 Cheyenne bench swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith Ciaccio

Reaction score
What are my choices to replace the 60/40 bench manual seat for buckets out of another vehicle?

Is there a power seat lead to hook up to seats if I get power or am I going to have to look for only manual seats?

Thanks for the help. I tried searching through the seat swap threads but couldn't get a definitive answer.

Rob Fitz

Reaction score
I just replaced the 60/40 manual split bench on my 97 Sierra 1500 ECSB last weekend. The split had power on both sides run to it for lumbar support. After running a separate power wire to the driver's side, I found it was not needed. The new, 6-way power bucket from a 98 Tahoe plugged right into the old 60 split power and everything worked, including the lumbar. I did replace the 20 amp fuse with a 30 amp however.

Rob Fitz

Reaction score
I picked up leather buckets out of a 98 4-door Tahoe. Driver's was power and pass was manual except it has power lumbar. Originally it had 60/40 split with power lumbar only on each seat. Two orange power wires and one black ground wire come from under the center dash along the trans tunnel to the driver's seat. From there one orange and black split over to the pass side. So, originally 3-pin connector on driver's side and 2-pin on passenger. So, new seats hooked right up. I did need to drill 1 hole for driver's side seat and 4 for the center console. Also, had to swap seat risers on passenger side because different mounting hole pattern.