1997 suburban rear seats in a 1992 c1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack Schneider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found these at the JY today and my truck is grey/black with an orange stripe so they would fit perfectly but just didn’t know how well they might fit in a regular cab 1992 c1500. I’ve seen mixed answers… I figured at a minimum I would need to drill new bolt hole locations.

Attachments

• 9F0AF731-6B79-4DD6-AE4B-5C6914616781.jpeg
    9F0AF731-6B79-4DD6-AE4B-5C6914616781.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Found these at the JY today and my truck is grey/black with an orange stripe so they would fit perfectly but just didn’t know how well they might fit in a regular cab 1992 c1500. I’ve seen mixed answers…
Those are interesting, never seen any like that.... usually you see the H-D stuff in Phords since they have the license....

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The Burb seats in the second row (like these) are designed to be upright for seating, or flooded down for increased cargo space. The smaller part, inside the passenger side second door, is also supposed to be able to flip up so people can get in and out of the third row seat. Mine doesn't work that way; I think a spring isn't where it's supposed to be or something. Third row is never installed in my Burb so it's not a problem.
The seat backs are hinged on the front edge of the cargo floor, and the bases are mounted in the framework that allows them to fold forward and up against the front seat backs.
I think what you want to do could be done, but I speculate it'd be a lot of work. If that Burb had a good front seat in it, that would work much easier.

Jack Schneider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Burb seats in the second row (like these) are designed to be upright for seating, or flooded down for increased cargo space. The smaller part, inside the passenger side second door, is also supposed to be able to flip up so people can get in and out of the third row seat. Mine doesn't work that way; I think a spring isn't where it's supposed to be or something. Third row is never installed in my Burb so it's not a problem.
The seat backs are hinged on the front edge of the cargo floor, and the bases are mounted in the framework that allows them to fold forward and up against the front seat backs.
I think what you want to do could be done, but I speculate it'd be a lot of work. If that Burb had a good front seat in it, that would work much easier.
Fronts are gone already, I’m always too late hahaha. Thanks for the info