1997 RCSB build on 4dr tahoe frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the gastank mount and crossmembers finished up. Welded in a shock mount. And started thinking about running lines. Going to pull the bed off the pickup tomorrow and see how much i have to fab up to get that to fit.

You must be registered for see images attach

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Using the fuel rail lines off the 5.3 to connect to the tank

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice work!

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. I was struggling a little with my welder for some reason but the crossmembers are burned in good and solid. Welded on the brake boss and exhaust hanger to the crossmember then tried to get the bed off the pickup today but it wasnt in the cards. Got most of the bolts off but ran out of time.

Last edited:

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was out of town for a couple days but finally got the bed off today and set on the tahoe frame. Found out my calculations were a bit off but it still should be ok.

This is probably going to be the biggest issue. This bed support (hat channel) sits across the high point of the frame. When i looked at the measurements on the gmupfitter doc what i thought was measurements to the bottom bed support were actually a measurement to the bottom of the bed floor. So this cross member will have to be cut out where it hits the frame and tahoe diagonal crossmember

The tahoe mounts are a bit back from the second bed support so i will have to fab out from them.

Rear looks ok. It has to drop a bit but the bed is kinda tilted back in this picture.

Little Kubota once again earning its keep.

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought all the SUVs had tanks out back, what's the deal with this one?

4dr tahoes had them in the middle like the trucks. Filler went over the axle to the back. 2drs and burbans had the back tanks.

I like the back tanks better for some reason. Gets some weight in the back for snow driving.

Last edited:

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where does the spare end up with the rear tank?

I'm not sure what I'll do with my Tahoe if I lower it more, because that fuel filler where it goes over the axle is going to be a problem. Rear tank is an interesting idea, though I would probably still go custom filler neck route.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
4dr tahoes had them in the middle like the trucks. Filler went over the axle to the back. 2drs and burbans had the back tanks.

I like the back tanks better for some reason. Gets some weight in the back for snow driving.

I vote you run dual tanks.

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where does the spare end up with the rear tank?

Somewhere not rusted to the bottom of the truck. Lol. None of those spares ever lower in VT after the first winter. I have AAA so around town i would just have them tow it home. If on a trip i would just throw a spare in the bed. In my tahoe i put one on the cargo rack so it looked more expo. Lol.