1997 RCSB build on 4dr tahoe frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How are things going on this build? :)

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Slow but still moving forward. I am working on my k30 now to get another truck up so I can stop dailying the rcsb and have the ability to pull it apart as needed.

Bought a set of “new” doors shells since the bottoms of mine were shot. These pics are of the worst one it had some very slight rust on the front corner so i cut it out. The passenger door is mint. Got the drivers door painted just need to order the window parts to put it together and get it in. They are older doors so there are some issues but just need to order the window regs and outside handles this week. Struggled a bit with the paint adherence on the door. I sanded it down well but the epoxy primer was bubbling in some small spots. It didnt like something in the factory base coat especially above the window on the outside But i finally got it sorted.

You must be registered for see images attach

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Slow but still moving forward. I am working on my k30 now to get another truck up so I can stop dailying the rcsb and have the ability to pull it apart as needed.

Bought a set of “new” doors shells since the bottoms of mine were shot. These pics are of the worst one it had some very slight rust on the front corner so i cut it out. The passenger door is mint. Got the drivers door painted just need to order the window parts to put it together and get it in. They are older doors so there are some issues but just need to order the window regs and outside handles this week. Struggled a bit with the paint adherence on the door. I sanded it down well but the epoxy primer was bubbling in some small spots. It didnt like something in the factory base coat especially above the window on the outside But i finally got it sorted.

good deal! :) Glad you're still plugging along. What's the info on your K30?

I understand the pain of not being able to blow the truck apart so that you can put it together how you want. I'm in the same spot with my dually project because I don't have a place big enough to park it and take it apart and let it sit as I put stuff back together so my projects on it are constrained to stuff I can do between sunrise and sunset. HOA isn't keen on my having truck parts scattered all over the driveway for long periods of time :lol:

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea duallys are fracking big. The k30 is my dad’s. Bought new in 1986. He dropped it off at my place a couple years ago. Just hammered from plow/farm truck life. He had the rust repaired once mid life but it was eaten up again. Floors are bad, rockers non existant. So I am rebuilding it but slowly. Its all out of my pocket and time so its down on the list to drop major coin on. But I don’t think I am giving it back anyway lol. I bought a new frame for it off of a cucv rebuild the rear axle, new leafs. Basically new everything. Working on the cab now. Was putting it off but need to get the cab out of my shop. I need to get my samurai in there for a rengine and i want to pick up a car to screw around with. So yea area is constrained here too. I got a letter from the town when i had all of the trucks apart but it is all cleaned up now. I have room for everything else just wasn't expecting to have the k30.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice! By the time you get done with it your dad should just give it to you anyway since it'll be pretty much brand new because of your time, labor and money. I've got two squarebodies ('77 c-10 and 91 dually) and love them. I had to do the same thing you're doing when I was rebuilding my '77. Luckily my '91 is much more solid :lol: