1997 RCSB build on 4dr tahoe frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
thanks, I am trying to hammer this out as fast as I can in my spare time which I don't have much of. Hopefully I will get a lot done this weekend.
I know all about having minimal time available. :waytogo:

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thought i had the bondo pretty good

You must be registered for see images attach

Shot a few coats of epoxy primer with the purple hf gun. Not going to use a nice gun for that.

Chassis saver on the front half from the top. Need to lift it with the tractor and paint the bottom. Really like that stuff.

Primer drying. Going to need some more work but “good enough” for now. Got some fisheyes guess i should have used wax remover idk. Going to pull the bed and start transfering stuff over.

Last edited:

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Teardown of the k1500. Got the cab off. Used my engine hoist and a beam i had made from hitch stuff from hf. Worked ok had to tie off to the steering wheel to keep the crane from sliding backwards. hopefully didnt bend it.

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the creative wiring not sure what these wires are. Look like the are going in the rear harness and they are large gauge. They seem to be just dead ended they were under the vacuum booster

Bed looks ok outside. Have to add more bondo above the filler it still has a slight indent left from i think when the po backed it into a tree. I thought i had it pulled out enough but i guess not. Have to do some work on the wheel arch two a couple spots where i welded need attention. I’ll get the engine trans out of the truck frame tomorrow and into the tahoe frame. Installation is the reverse of removal right?

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 11 year old removing tranny mount bolts.

5.7 free of everything and ready for plucking

She gone

K1500 frame out and tahoe frame in 5.7 sitting in place still have to gett the tranny mount off and see what we damaged in the transfer but on the upswing. Will start working on plumbing tomorrow.

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Started plumbing. Running a braided setup from the tank that i had from the 5.3.

Trying to figure out where i want to run lines because i didnt cut any holes in my xmembers. Over works fine I guess as protected as they can get.

Putting the fuel filter where the tank filler was. A little back from stock. Got the engine sitting in the frame correctly. Will work more on the fuel plumbing tomorrow and start on the brake lines. Using all nicopp stuff. Can’t beat it up here in the salt. And if you can afford the Mastercool kit it is so worth the money. Being able to make any flare on the car is awesome.

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not my best work on the lines. Was pretty much rushing through but they will work. Ran the evap line as well. Ran into my first issue i didnt account for for some reason. The rear body mount platform is lower on the tahoe. I think i will have to make a 1” body lift on the back mount to get it level. I dont really feel like cutting and moving the mount up. I am going to compare mounts tonight to make sure the measurements are the same.

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spent yesterday after work dealing with the one body mount that snapped off. I welded a nut to what was left and snapped it again. Tried one more time and snapped it almost flush so gave up. Went in from the top cut the nut out with the plasma cutter. Cut out a body mount from the tahoe ground it down so it would fit in the circle of the cut mount and welded it in place. Cab mounts are coming today I am hoping to get the cab on it tonight.