1997 K1500 P1351 - no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hanchab

Reaction score
I have a 1997 K1500 4x4 with no start and code P1351 (Ignition control circuit high voltage)

I left the truck to sit for about a week while on vacation. When I returned, the truck would crank but would not start. Occasionally I would get a single cylinder to fire, and sometimes after it stopped cranking it would fire 1-3 times. I can smell fuel coming from the exhaust and on the spark plugs when I pulled them. Ended up replacing ICM, ignition coil and crank position sensor. Still to no avail. Any other ideas? Truck ran fine before it sat.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
How old are the cap and rotor? Vortec flat caps are notorious for getting moisture and carbon tracking inside. Rotors too. Either one can make it not want to start/ fire/ run, and can also cause multiple cylinders to attempt to fire simultaneously. That will do very bad things to you starter and flywheel/flexplate. Been there done that on my Burb several years ago.