1997 C1500 Brakes issues- Help appreciated!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Ok, then I agree with the advise they are giving you. When your brakes lock, you need to crack open one of the brake lines on the master cylinder. If this does not free the wheel, try one on the outgoing side of the abs box. If this frees the wheel it is the abs box, if the first does does it is likely the master cylinder.

702_silverado

Reaction score
Ok, then I agree with the advise they are giving you. When your brakes lock, you need to crack open one of the brake lines on the master cylinder. If this does not free the wheel, try one on the outgoing side of the abs box. If this frees the wheel it is the abs box, if the first does does it is likely the master cylinder.

Thank you for clarifying, I wasn't sure what exactly to do. I assume I open a line to the axle locked? Thanks again

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Don't do that first, you know it is something upstream since it is affecting all 4 wheels. Start at the Master Cylinder, crack each line. If that doesn't work crack the outgoing lines from the ABS, one at a time and see if either of them helps. It should be one of the two things holding pressure.

702_silverado

Reaction score
UPDATE: I had to replaced to ABS pump. It was fouled by old brake fluid. Replaced with pump order from a yard in Florida, flushed brake fluid system and it works great now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers