1996 GMC Sierra 1500 Stepside "Lynn"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up this 96 stepside this past Wednesday. She's got 254k miles on the old 4.3 4l60e.

A little back story on the truck.
My mom bought it back around 2004/2005 with low miles and clean paint. She drove it and loved it until around 2010 when she sold it to my grandmother. It stayed with her in the backwoods of Louisiana where it didn't stay clean for long until a few months ago when my brother bought it from her. He rarely drove it and recently moved out of town for a while and offered it to me for a very reasonable price that I couldn't pass. This is the truck that started my love for gmt400s.

Haven't done much to her besides make all of the lights work again, swap in a new radio and door speakers, swap in some stock tail lights, replace a blown wheel cylinder, and give her a quick detail. Already has drop shackles in the rear and not sure about the front yet.

Plans as of now.
4/6 drop
Bucket seat swap
LS1 (already have engine)
4l80e
Repaint (Still unsure on color)
All new interior
18x8 and 18x10 wheels
More to be added later.

On to the pics.

When I first got her
You must be registered for see images attach

Got frozen drivers door open

Lost all brakes. Trailered to friends shop

Not how I envisioned her first gas station pic

Getting ready for surgery.

Stock tails swapped in.

After quick detail before the rain hit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well haven't really done much with the truck lately. The 4.3 has decided its about ready to flop. No power whatsoever. Leaking everything everywhere. Overheating. Low oil pressure. Almost 260k miles. Think I'm gonna start stripping it down within a week or two. Already have a couple ls motors I could use, but they both need rebuilt and all the other swap stuff. Thoughts on just throwing a carbed 350 in it for the time being? Worth it? It might be another year or so before I am ready for the ls swap.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Completely forgot I had a "build thread" here. Not much has happened with the truck in the last year. The fuel pump went out little over a year ago and I just parked it while I worked on other projects. About a month ago I finally got back around to it and pulled the bed to change the pump. Battling a few electrical gremlins now but should be figuring those out in the next few days. Hoping to actually start making some real progress on it soon.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a bit of stuff coming for the truck soon.

New crystal headlight housings
LED bulbs for headlights
New belt, tensioner, and idler
New radio
New door speakers
New set of Cooper Cobra Radial G/T 275/60r15 for the 15x8 wheels I just picked up today.

Should be getting it back on the road once all of this shows up over the next week.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk