1996 GMC Sierra 1500 Stepside "Lynn"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the wheels mounted and balanced today. Still need to work on cleaning them up but I got impatient and wanted to throw the tires on. Putting them on the truck along with the new headlights tomorrow. Plenty of pics to come when that's done.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you come out OK with the fuel pump? Also you mentioned electrical gremlins. Many times that is a bad ground somewhere. Also once in a while a wire will get a l m o s t broken in the middle under the insulation. if the gremlin is persistent you might look for that. Good luck and looking forward to see what you do.

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you come out OK with the fuel pump? Also you mentioned electrical gremlins. Many times that is a bad ground somewhere. Also once in a while a wire will get a l m o s t broken in the middle under the insulation. if the gremlin is persistent you might look for that. Good luck and looking forward to see what you do.
I ended up buying a Delphi fuel pump and sending unit a little while back and it runs again. I haven't put enough gas in it yet to see if the gauge works yet.

I fixed the electrical gremlins as far as I can tell by replacing every switch, relay, and fuse related to the wiring in the truck.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ended up buying a Delphi fuel pump and sending unit a little while back and it runs again. I haven't put enough gas in it yet to see if the gauge works yet.

I fixed the electrical gremlins as far as I can tell by replacing every switch, relay, and fuse related to the wiring in the truck.

Go look at @kennythewelder's thread about polishing any and all things metal. Once he sees this, he'll link it. Follow his steps and not only will your wheels look good, but your alternator, ac compressor, etc. Hell, Kenny's probably got the secret to make an ugly woman pretty. Lol

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go look at @kennythewelder's thread about polishing any and all things metal. Once he sees this, he'll link it. Follow his steps and not only will your wheels look good, but your alternator, ac compressor, etc. Hell, Kenny's probably got the secret to make an ugly woman pretty. Lol
I'll check it out in the morning.