1996 GMC K1500 - 5 speed! Build?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Just picked this turkey up yesterday, folks were so hardup to sell it, they delivered it to work.

Just a basic 1996 GMC Extended Cab shortbed, 4wd with a stick. Paid a whole lotta nothin' for it.

Not sure what i'm going to do with it yet? The interior smells like a dumpster, but the drivetrain is solid and the 4wd works well. They just put a new clutch and rear main seal in it.

All I have planned so far is:
New ignition lock cylinder
Kodiak door handles with new lock cylinders
Trash the work truck seats and find some nicer SLT package seats. Not sure if i'm going to keep the ***** red interior or not.
Ditch the massive 10" drop bumper and install a rollpan

The NV3500 needs a new shift tower, since it's a bit scary trying to find any gear that isn't 1st,2nd or 5th.

You must be registered for see images attach

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Wow i search and search for a stick extended cab and you have one delivered to you! Lol

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Wow i search and search for a stick extended cab and you have one delivered to you! Lol

hahahah! I figure up there in farm country, there would be plenty of them!!

I can't say what I paid for it. :)

I did order my new shift tower lastnight.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score

Threw the roll pan on after work tonight. Still have to add a glaze of filler and finish grinding the passenger side. Then i'll color match it. Cab corners next!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Some of you may remember these wheels....

I sold the truck that had them on it to a buddy in December, going to go pick the wheels up Saturday morning to put on the Sierra!