1996 ex cab z71 4x4 missing and studdering when under a load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lburrows16

Reaction score
when u are just putting around town it is fine, when at full throttle it does not miss, when u are just getting to a higher speed casually it misses, can someone please help!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the check engine light on. If so are there any codes present. If the light isn't on still check it for codes because it could have burned out

Alljackedup408

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like what mine does around 60mph +. New wires plugs cap and rotor for me.

I have read up on it.. some say the spider injection... others distributor gear... some fuel pressure. Could be alot of things..... I am curious to find out what your issue is. keep us posted.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone figured this out? Mine is doing it as well and it is really bothering me. Spider injectors and wires are about a year old. Plugs, cap and rotor are about 2 years old. It just started doing it along with a unusual starting. Ever so often it will like clunk when starting. Or will start very slowly. Like at a low rpm and all of a sudden shoot up to where it's suppose to. I'm stumped. I don't know. I've tried different gas stations. Different grades of fuel and nothing changes.