1995 - 3 Dash Screws at Base of Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banditz71

Reaction score
This is probably a common issue, but all 3 of the attach points at the base of the windshield have had the plastic break loose under the screw heads. Has anyone come up with a fix for this? Seems like a piece of metal / aluminum cut to the size of that slot with it being a little longer so it could bend up over the top would work ..... but lining up the screw holes "might" be an issue. Anyone seen anything like that? Thanks!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There's a set of aluminum clips that bridge cracks in that area but I suppose how well they work depends on how badly your dash is broken. Can't offhand remember who sells them but I believe I saw them posted here.. hopefully someone else will chime in.

I repaired one that had minor cracks using some plumber's strap glued onto the backside so that it wasn't visible from the front. Actually the whole defrost vent was cracked loose, so I used strips of mechanic's wire glued across those to reinforce them. This dash went into a rough-riding 3500HD wrecker and it held up great. Roughing up the surface first so the glue can bite, and using Devcon Plastic Welder 2-part glue (epoxy?) got the job done.

The strap works great as it's fairly strong metal but it's bendable, and has holes in it already, just bend up a few pieces and cut them to fit, and glue them around the backside of the holes in the dash.

Sorry I don't have better pics; you can't even see the plumber's strap - but you can see the black mechanic's wire and the small blobs of glue.

You must be registered for see images attach

Same dash once I color matched it for the truck it was going into..

Richard

Banditz71

Reaction score
There's a set of aluminum clips that bridge cracks in that area but I suppose how well they work depends on how badly your dash is broken. Can't offhand remember who sells them but I believe I saw them posted here.. hopefully someone else will chime in.

I repaired one that had minor cracks using some plumber's strap glued onto the backside so that it wasn't visible from the front. Actually the whole defrost vent was cracked loose, so I used strips of mechanic's wire glued across those to reinforce them. This dash went into a rough-riding 3500HD wrecker and it held up great. Roughing up the surface first so the glue can bite, and using Devcon Plastic Welder 2-part glue (epoxy?) got the job done.

The strap works great as it's fairly strong metal but it's bendable, and has holes in it already, just bend up a few pieces and cut them to fit, and glue them around the backside of the holes in the dash.

Sorry I don't have better pics; you can't even see the plumber's strap - but you can see the black mechanic's wire and the small blobs of glue.

Same dash once I color matched it for the truck it was going into..

Richard
Thanks so much for the info!! And yeah, hope someone who knows about those clips will see this..........

Banditz71

Reaction score
Found this posted back in 2017 .... probably what you're referring to (think I'd need to find some gray paint ;) ) .... they said it came from LMC, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the catalog.

Last edited:

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
Found these images while searching the web / from Classic Parts. Seems as though they may no longer be listed for sale on their website. They skip over the part number there. Maybe a phone call to the sales dept would reveal if they still make/sell them.

Guessing that part number would have been 30-8600 judging by the image link.

Looks like they wouldn't be terribly hard to fabricate yourself, if they can't be found.

Banditz71

Reaction score
Found these images while searching the web / from Classic Parts. Seems as though they may no longer be listed for sale on their website. They skip over the part number there. Maybe a phone call to the sales dept would reveal if they still make/sell them.

Looks like they wouldn't be terribly hard to fabricate yourself, if they can't be found.
Thanks!! And true, probably not that hard to duplicate........

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
Maybe classic industries has them.