1994 k1500 wild misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murderedgtp

Reaction score
Hey so I have a 94 k1500 with the 5.7 and I’ve replaced the rotor the cap and rebuilt the tbi unit. I had it running somewhat fine with one side oem plugs and one side hot plugs, but when I switched it to all oem it ran worse. Someone plz help

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey so I have a 94 k1500 with the 5.7 and I’ve replaced the rotor the cap and rebuilt the tbi unit. I had it running somewhat fine with one side oem plugs and one side hot plugs, but when I switched it to all oem it ran worse. Someone plz help
Damnit ill bite.
Why did you run it with different plugs on each side.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As always:

Verify fuel pressure, and assure the fuel filter is OK.

Make sure all the "tune-up" parts/procedures are OK. Cap, rotor, plug wires, spark plugs, PCV, EGR, EVAP, heated air intake systems all working properly. Initial spark timing OK, electronic spark advance working properly.

Assure the plug wires are routed as GM intends--including all the plug wire looms.

Replace the O2 sensor if it's got more than ~50K miles on it.

Look at the spray pattern of the fuel injectors. Should be a nice, even cone of fuel spray from each injector. At low speed, the injectors fire sequentially, but at higher speed this is so hard to see that they look like they're both firing all the time.

Connect a scan tool, verify EVERY sensor and computer output. Look at fuel trims. Assure it's got an RPM signal that varies with engine rpm, and never "drops out".