1994 2500 8-lug 4x4 transmissions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd bring a battery and try to fire the thing. It's priced as a non runner. A friend of mine bought a OBS F150 eons ago priced as a non runner. He paid the man and proceeded to install a battery and computer and drove it onto the trailer. Dude was pissed. We got a chuckle out of that. Lazy f'er had it sitting dead for a hot minute after he hooked the battery up backwards.
LOL. memory fart.... I bought a parts truck where it had sat for years due to electrical issues. Ended up that the dude was hooking up the big red cable from the plow to the positive terminal on the main battery. Lazy dude never investigated further than turning the key. The real cable was laying underneath the battery. Had fresh battery with me and we drove it on trailer.

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Back about 92-early 93, went with my brother to look at a very clean, 1 old man owner 85 C10. Not a scratch, interior looked new, low miles, garage kept from day one.
Very very reasonably priced. Test drove it and found out why it was still sitting there- it surged bad after it warmed up. Brother and I discussed a few things on test drive that it might could be. Pulled it the old man’s yard with it surging and you could see the look on his face.
Brother decided he wanted the truck anyways as it was spotless. They agreed on a price and off we limped towards home. Few miles down the road he pulls over and we lift the hood. We were going to pull the Q-jets fuel filter in case it was stopped up. Got it out, looked brand new. (Was a paper filter instead of the sintered bronze one) looked in the end and it had a check valve in the fuel inlet end of the filter. Pulled it out, put filter back in and off we went. After a mile, my brother turned around and drove back to the old man’s house and offered him more money. The check valve was the problem not letting enough fuel flow into the carb.

Guy wouldn’t take any more money, wasn’t upset with us, but I heard he gave an earful to the mechanic who changed the filter a few times, with the exact same style.
He was happy to know what it was. My brother sold the truck years later with about 200k on the original motor and only a few small scratches. Says it was one of the best vehicles he’s ever had.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Interior is rough. Mainly the seat is shot. Cab corners on both sides are crunchy. Frame is solid best I could tell. Owner suspects blown head gasket, oil was black but not over full. Coolant was green but really low.

We agreed on 1k with plow included.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Full disclosure, its only a handshake deal at this point. He needs to get the actual plow to his house from the yard he dropped it in last time he drove it and i need to get cash out of the bank.

Meyers plow set up with E-60 pump. 4 button square controller on steering column.

Last edited:

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Towing estimate of around $750 to get it the 90 miles to my house. Looks like U-haul here I come.

They were supposed to get the plow to their house with the truck today. Hopefully will hear from them before long that it actually happened. Plan to pick it up Monday.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hopefully can get an extra wide one. I dragged 2-3 different trucks back with one, and last one was supposed to be wide, and it wasn't. And wasn't fun trying to get in on and stay on. I flattened the front tires, broke every bolt getting driveshaft off, but I got it home. 99 K3500 454 5-speed, RCLB, towed it with a leased 22 4 runner limited, with a 4500lb tow capacity lol. It did it, didn't like it, but it did.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
We'll see how it goes. Going to reserve the u-haul trailer today and pick up a come along in case we need it for loading. Plow is supposed to be in the bed of the truck now.

Friend is helping me and has an electric winch his family uses for loading derby cars he's bringing. Unfortunately he can't get the trailer from his uncle as well.