1992 c2500 speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m replacing my dash speakers in my 92 c2500 4x6 speakers I can’t decide between kicker Or Rockford I want something that sounds good and has a bit of bass as I won’t be installing any subs
Any other speaker suggestions?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Truth of the matter IMO is you're not going to get much bass at all from any 4"x6". That said, I always recommend a plate 4"x6" like these Infinitys.

https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Kappa-64CFX-Speaker-System/dp/B07657R646

You'll get better sound quality from a round driver instead of the oblong one like you see on most oval shaped speakers.

If you really don't want subs and you're willing to sacrifice a little bit of sound quality for a tiny bit more bass, I'd check out the Kicker KS series 4"x6"s. Like I said though, nothing in this size is going to sound good below 120Hz or so.

https://www.amazon.com/KICKER-47KSC4604-Profile-Replacement-Speakers/dp/B084HL8BZD

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
What df2x4 said. I personally run those Kappas and love them.

After looking at the Kickers, I wouldn't recommend those to anyone. They've got a sensitivity rating of only 88dB, which is terrible. On the other hand, the Kappas are 94dB. This is really one of the most important specs IMO. The higher the sensitivity, the louder the speaker will play and less power is needed to drive them into ear bleed levels. With amplifiers, you don't end up with a linear reward based on power. Ie, 100 watts won't net you 10 times the level of a 10 watt amplifier. Its more like an extra 6 dB of output, 100 watts vs 10. That's why sensitivity is very important, especially in a car. It's also why that spec is pretty hard to find for a given speaker.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I'm a biiiig fan of the Kappas too. They're actually really good on bass, for the size they are.

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you guys would go kappas over the is series? I haven’t got a chance to hear them but I heard good reviews on both