1991 C1500 engine swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rumblebee10

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to this site and basically registered for the help I can get. My name is Ray and I'm from SoCal by the way.

I have a 91 c1500 regular cab short bed. It originally came with a 305 but after a year that I had it wanted to go to a 350. So I did. And now that engine is taking a dump so I bought another 350 that came off of a 1994 c1500. I noticed some differences from the beginning, different alternator, compressor and it has this sensor looking right in front of the TBI unit and I'm clueless to what it is.
You must be registered for see images attach

It has a hose connected to the TBI next to the PCV line. My old one didn't have it the TBI didn't have the little nipple either. Can anyone help me with this. Any information would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the solenoid for the evap charcoal canister. If it's not needed just remove it and plug the port on the throttle body

Sent from somewhere in MN

rumblebee10

Reaction score
Okay great. And one more question, my old TBI unit which has the center stud for the air cleaner has 3 bolts for removal and they're visible and easy to get to but the other TBI has 2 studs for the air cleaner and I only see 1 bolt. Where are the other 2 bolts?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should be in the same places. Unless someone removed them before. Do you have a pic?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just thought of something..... The tbi with 2 air cleaner studs...... I think those studs are screwed into the other 2 mount bolts

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup i thought so.

rumblebee10

Reaction score
I think mine have a cover over them because they don't look like that. I'll get a picture tomorrow when the sun is out. But it pretty much looks the same.

rumblebee10

Reaction score

rumblebee10

Reaction score
Yea I zoomed in and brightened my screen and the do look the same. Thanks so much for you info. I seriously appreciate it.