1989 Chevy K2500 ECLB 350/SM465 "CayenneCheyenne"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

6 cans in! The very first one exploded on me so I have 23 cans now. I actually really like it. Time to do the cab and front clip. I actually went over the 4x4 a few more times so it's not noticable like it was in this photo.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I think if you painted the front and back bumpers and fender flares black it would look pretty slick; but it looks kick ass right now as is!
How well is that little can adapter working? My local craft store has 'em for like three bucks and I'm considering grabbing one for a couple projects that involve a shitload of rattle cans,

gstubbz

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I finished the passenger side and now have 9 cans left. I have to paint the hood, grille, front bumper, and roof. I stopped because after 13 cans paint fumes got to me since I'm a dumbass that wasn't wearing a respirator. If you plan on using plastidip at all, please use a mask! I'm usually a rebel to safety suggestions but this is one I recommend.

I'll finish it soon, probably this weekend. So far I really like it. Easy to paint, also has good texture. It took forever to paint though. Having a second set of hands would have been nice!

As far as prep work, all I did was hose the truck down and use a towel to remove the droplets. So in other words, half ass. But all the dirt and dust was cleaned off and that's all that matters! I spent a good portion of time masking the windows too.

You must be registered for see images attach

The dent in the cab is super noticeable, but I don't really care it's a beater truck that receives too much love! I can say all of my scratches disappeared though!

--

It's starting to come along, I've been eying a CUCV radio antenna mount for the side of the bed and the light thing that goes in the grille. That'll be there for looks, and the radio mount will be for a CB antenna. I really need black rims now too. The rust looks like garbage.

Side note, typically in Cali we never ever see trucks with rust like you guys on the east coast, however I found out today that Truckee/Tahoe over here apperently use salt which makes sense why my truck has rust since it lived there for most of its life.

More to come for my CUCV II inspired truck!

Last edited:

gstubbz

Reaction score
I think if you painted the front and back bumpers and fender flares black it would look pretty slick; but it looks kick ass right now as is!
How well is that little can adapter working? My local craft store has 'em for like three bucks and I'm considering grabbing one for a couple projects that involve a shitload of rattle cans,

I've been thinking that may look good with black accents. I'm tempted to remove the plastidip from the door handles so they are black again. We shall see!

It actually works super well. Made this job a million times easier and has held through 13 cans so far. It's built in the USA too so I'm all for that. Haven't broke it yet!

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I've been thinking that may look good with black accents. I'm tempted to remove the plastidip from the door handles so they are black again. We shall see!

It actually works super well. Made this job a million times easier and has held through 13 cans so far. It's built in the USA too so I'm all for that. Haven't broke it yet!

Made in the USA is always good!
The more I think about it, the better it looks in my head; black 16x10 steel rims, Treadwright Guard Dogs, and the aforementioned black bumpers, flares, and handles.
I could never have a beater project like this, I'd wind up dumping more money that I intended to and probably care about it too much to tear it up.