1989 C1500 "Cheyenne" Restoration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian everitt

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Hey everyone just wanted to drop by and show everyone my '89 C1500 restoration project! My first truck when I was 15 was a '90 C1500 and when I found this '89 for the price and condition I couldn't pass it up! The truck had been sitting my the couples barn for 6+ years not running! So my buddy and I went with the trailer and picked it up and the following morning started to get her running. My father inlaw and I had to replace the pickup coil and put a new battery on and checked all the fluids and she cranked up without a hiccup! The next day we observed she had a fuel leak and all the lines seemed to be in good shape and noticed there was a hole in the fuel filter so we got that swapped out and it's perfect! The new fender arrived along with new headlights and a new grille and probably will start the body work next week! So excited!! Let me know what y'all think!

brian everitt

Reaction score
Thank you! Here are some more pics...

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
looks like a good start. grille looks good to me but it's probably showing it's age?
i've been to Canton 30 years ago for trade days, want to take the kids there. they would love it.
make sure you check the tires before you have anyone ride with you. might have a little rot.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I like it. Keep that Cheyenne grille it complements the truck well! What engine/trans is in this truck?

brian everitt

Reaction score
Thanks! It has a small block 305 with a 700R4 trans! She cranks up and runs smoothly with no leaks or smoke and from what I can tell has no slipping in the trans!

brian everitt

Reaction score
Thought I'd show you updates Lol new water pump...new belt...new alternator...all new gaskets...new PCV valve...new vacuum hose...and a touch of paint! One we get the hood we will fit the fender and start the small amount of body work then paint! And with the bed off I replaced the fuel sending unit and going to sand and paint the frame! No big plans just a nice all over restoration!

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice! Glad to see someone else who loves these Cheyenne’s. I just got my 90 Sierra SL last month. Don’t make them like this anymore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk