1988 GMC C1500 - Z06 Package!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Make note: 05/21/24, I actually turned a wrench on this truck. Been a while.

Removed the factory fan shroud, mechanical fan and installed a new set of 2010+ Ford F150 electric fans.

Hopefully the LS6 shortblock will be done, soon. Seems it keeps getting pushed back.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also found the MSD 4 channel relay, which is awesome. As I can piggy back it to the Terminator X ECM, have short wire runs for everything but the power feed to the relay module and then the outputs to the E-fans, Fuel pump and AC relay.

I do intend to yank the HVAC box out soon, swap the heater and evaporator cores out. That way I can wire the rest of the truck and reinstall the dashboard and column.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Okay, how I didn't pickup a new strain of the hantavirus is beyond me, the whole HVAC box was full of mouse ****, piss and their nesting debris. I also haven't seen this many dead fiddleback spiders in my life.

New evaporator and heater cores, blower motor installed. HVAC box wiped down with bleach.

Finally got the dash reinstalled, after swapping the dash harness from the black 1989 parts truck, the harness from this truck was just too damaged by rats.

Plan is to start mounting the Holley dash, holley ecm and start actually wiring this thing, tonight.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
tangent alert:

hantavirus needs to be from an infected host (15-20% of deer mice may be infected) AND needs to be fresh (3-5 days)

Noted, will still reference any mouse turd and piss encounter as hantavirus inducing.

What if the mice are dipped in hydraulic oil?
:Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh:

Were they draining the transmission?

:Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh:

Be careful it's the midwest, the mice and packrats have thumbs out here. I caught the little ******** trying to drain the oil once, to use as heating oil. It's 2024, dem mices be real evolved.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Went to the local welding and metal supply and picked up:

Two 8x8x.125 A36 plates, one 1.250x36 Dom tube, .035 welding tips and 2lbs of .035 wire for $66.

That'll be what I need to A.) Cover the manual trans floor hole and B.) Build a shifter pedestal like I did with the 90.

Also ordered a new TCI Outlaw shifter for the truck.