1988 Chevy G20 Idler Pulley Support

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marteen

Reaction score
Well me being very new into working on my own vehicle a good couple months back when i was working on my van with a good buddy we did a whole buncha work to the engine but when piecing it back together we forgot one piece. It was a support bar that went from bolt to bolt placed behind a part of the pulley system. We weren’t able to figure out the spot where it was suppose to go, check all angles and i just couldn’t figure it out. So we ended up just not really doing it i guess and honestly everything seemed fine. No odds sounds, nothing going on at all really. Drove it down to San Diego from Oregon and within the past 2 months it has developed quite the riggity sound of clanking or something. I have been doing research and i believe it might be the idler pulley either going bad or just being put under too much stress. In my opinion when we couldn’t figure out where the bar went the only thing i believe i was right about was that it went to the back of the idler pulley from inside the dog house. So if anyone has a Chevy G20 350 5.7 or any other vehicle you know of that shares the exact same setup as this snubnose i need a picture from the back of the pulleys taken from within the doghouse to show me where the support beams are located so i can figure out if anything looks off. Thank you, really appreciate any help.