1978 Nomad Trailer Restoration/Project: 88GMCtruck is at it again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97NCZ71

Watch the Trim!
Reaction score
The trailer turned out great and after reading through all the vehicles in your sig may i say that you sir have some cool toys. :rocking:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
ok i have a question i am wanting to install a trailer brake controller in my truck i have a 1996 2500 and the brake controller my dad is gonn give me. now my truck has all the wires under the dash but his controller has a plug on it like yours so when i read through this thead and seen the plug you installed in your turck it inspired me to do the same in mine so i do not need t hack up my dads contoller to hardwire it to my tuck anyway i called the chevy dealership in town and they claim thats theres no such plug in a 99-02 so my question is where did you get the plug that yuo wired into your truck and do you have a part nummber for it as that would be extremely helpfull sorry for such a long post to ask a simple question but any help would be greatly appreciated

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Well, in 99-02 trucks the plug is part of the MBEC (mid bussed electrical center) down near the parking brake. The plug I wired in my 02 is the same style plug, however it was one that I found off an old dash harness I had lying around and it happened to be the same style as the one in my 02's MBEC. I don't have any idea what the plug was used for originally or what part number it is.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
ok well thanks for the answer and the plug being built in is exactly what the dealership says i believe my dads ford has an actually plug like the one you put in so ill dig into that a bit and see what i can turn up....... its just the four wires that come off of it right?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
fantastic i called my dad today and he said his ford has the plug just sitting there under the dash well actually all his trucks have the plug but he only fdirves fords..boo anyway im gonna call the dealership on monday see if i cant pick up a plug and get it going....oh btw i meant to tell you that your trailer looks great you really put some time into it

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Been awhile since I've updated this thread, snow has really limited trailer movement and progress, but I've done a few mods here and there....

2 golf cart batteries
You must be registered for see images attach

New trailer lead with a fully molded plug. Original had a wire burnt up in it.

235/75R15 Cooper Weathermaster ST tires. They are a bit taller and have an additional 600lbs capacity per tire.

New spare and backup lights

And, probably the most substantial "mod" : 99 K2500 6.5L Diesel 5-speed AKA the towpig.