14 Bolt Diff Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Cast iron is interesting. I know the pumpkin is cast iron, but I wonder if steel sheet/plate is better for the cover. This cast cover won't be as massive as the pumpkin itself, and cast iron can be brittle.......maybe ductile less so? On the other hand, your truck doesn't look like it setup for the rocks, either.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd be looking for something with cooling fins, sight gauge, drain port and a port for a temp gauge sender.

But thats me.

:)

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd be looking for something with cooling fins, sight gauge, drain port and a port for a temp gauge sender.

But thats me.

Sure sounds like someone has Mag-Hytec on the brain. ;)

You must be registered for see images

Richard

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Cast iron is interesting. I know the pumpkin is cast iron, but I wonder if steel sheet/plate is better for the cover. This cast cover won't be as massive as the pumpkin itself, and cast iron can be brittle.......maybe ductile less so? On the other hand, your truck doesn't look like it setup for the rocks, either.

No I definitely don't do any rock crawling, just towing and hauling. I just couldn't resist posting such a cool looking diff cover :)

But thats me.

Any recommendations? I've seen several options with cooling fins, but that's about it.

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Hard to justify 300 bucks for a diff cover haha

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
That big cast iron heatsink in the first post would be great on the trail, but in real world, it won't be. The stock cover will have a bit less surface area, but transfer heat a lot quicker than that cover. Something to think about. :biggrin:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Just and your stock one down and paint it imo