10.1 Screen Stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul Nucci

Reaction score
Looking at installing the ATOTO S8 in my 1994 GMC truck, issue I have is that I want to retain the original audio system and do not want to cut the dash. As a result been exploring fitting the screen under the dash. Not sure if it will work, will continue exploring options. Any suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0563.jpeg
    IMG_0563.jpeg
    334.8 KB · Views: 26

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks great as I’ve seen those pics on Pinterest but if I was going that route I’d send him my dash but also have him do all the other loading up of apps and what not so not to be a on going thing of asking questions. But the 10” screens I’ve seen are like the old school flip out type but are stationary but are single’ish din that rise out from base Itd look a lot like some newer nav screens that are out always on middle of the dash. Here’s a few off google just as to show but none are to be flush in the dash and have you been in a modern car with a screen in it? For me it’s too much light as it’s illuminating the cabin too much even on dimmest setting just something to think of.
Hey Bob, ever get this installed ? Any pics ?

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten away with properly installing a 10.1 inch screen stereo ? Can't seem to find but one video on YouTube. Heigh wise it would block the AC controls but some stereos have hight adjustment. And width wise if I'm not mistaken it wouldn't block the AC vent next to the stereo.
Anyone has any pictures?
Hey what did you finally install and any photos ? I’m considering the 10.1 Atoto in my 96 burb. I rarely change the HVAC settings, it’s either all the way hot or cold, and then I just change the fan speeds. No reason to relocate the HVAC controls for me. I think a joying 8.8 looks dumb, considering the 8” Jensen floating Car81W, Atoto used to have an 8” but it’s been discontinued. I like the fact the Atoto 10.1 has a front and rear camera, is XM ready and has a live rear cam. Any updates ? GB

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
So I took back out the atoto A6 as I wasn’t feeling the volume levels as it wasn’t as precise as stock and I have 2 cd players in dash and a 6 disc changer in center console and I didn’t want to have them become obsolete in the vehicle as I still listen to them and didn’t want them just collecting dust in the ride. It made my highs better for sure but it’s a different scenario for other 400’s as you either have the cd player in dash or in the radio so it’s not a big deal to lose either one or replace it I just don’t know why at this day aftermarket radios aren’t able to work with other stock components!? But I also didn’t like the brightness of the screen which I have a dislike for my wife’s srx screen I’d have to get it tinted to live with it! lol the Bluetooth was ok but not as good as I’d liked but I’m back with the stock Bose ac delco radio but I found a Bluetooth adapter that works off the cd option it plugs into the cd connection on back of radio and then let’s you attach the cd connector into that then when you play a cd and your phones on Bluetooth it connects an plays though the cd option on radio and is a big improvement over other Bluetooth options because it’s though the cd player vs other ways that allow distortion to occur! An going through the cd port allows better quality and more volume I also put my iPhone eq on reduce bass setting as it keeps the volume up and highs clear but just drops the bass off so then it’s up to you to adjust your bass on the radio accordingly and it sounds leaps better than before using the phone lighting port to get audio out though a cord!! I have a picture an link of the adapter it was $100 but a well worth $100 plug an play and hook up is a lot better than the atoto was but I truly understand wanting an need for a updated radio!! It’s just a little bit more going on in my Escalade that I didn’t want to lose but I’m happy with it now I just need to get few other things done and I’ll be totally content! Now I’ve yet to buy a ceiling mounted dvd Bluetooth headphones player as one I think would be a good fit is too pricey but I also took some time away from getting that finished but I’m need to get back on that to wrap it up lol !!

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I took back out the atoto A6 as I wasn’t feeling the volume levels as it wasn’t as precise as stock and I have 2 cd players in dash and a 6 disc changer in center console and I didn’t want to have them become obsolete in the vehicle as I still listen to them and didn’t want them just collecting dust in the ride. It made my highs better for sure but it’s a different scenario for other 400’s as you either have the cd player in dash or in the radio so it’s not a big deal to lose either one or replace it I just don’t know why at this day aftermarket radios aren’t able to work with other stock components!? But I also didn’t like the brightness of the screen which I have a dislike for my wife’s srx screen I’d have to get it tinted to live with it! lol the Bluetooth was ok but not as good as I’d liked but I’m back with the stock Bose ac delco radio but I found a Bluetooth adapter that works off the cd option it plugs into the cd connection on back of radio and then let’s you attach the cd connector into that then when you play a cd and your phones on Bluetooth it connects an plays though the cd option on radio and is a big improvement over other Bluetooth options because it’s though the cd player vs other ways that allow distortion to occur! An going through the cd port allows better quality and more volume I also put my iPhone eq on reduce bass setting as it keeps the volume up and highs clear but just drops the bass off so then it’s up to you to adjust your bass on the radio accordingly and it sounds leaps better than before using the phone lighting port to get audio out though a cord!! I have a picture an link of the adapter it was $100 but a well worth $100 plug an play and hook up is a lot better than the atoto was but I truly understand wanting an need for a updated radio!! It’s just a little bit more going on in my Escalade that I didn’t want to lose but I’m happy with it now I just need to get few other things done and I’ll be totally content! Now I’ve yet to buy a ceiling mounted dvd Bluetooth headphones player as one I think would be a good fit is too pricey but I also took some time away from getting that finished but I’m need to get back on that to wrap it up lol !!
This sounds great! I want one of these Bluetooth CD adapters can you post the link of where to get one or send me a pm ?
I too have decided against a car play unit, been trying blue tooth options and was unaware of the CD adapter

I have a 96 burb with the cassette radio and separate in dash Delco cd aux player.

Last edited:

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Here’s the picture of the one I have it’s great I’m so happy that I found this and it’s so better than what I had before and it allows me to still use everything in the Escalade audio wise! Very nice yeah wasn’t happy with the atoto a6 not that it’s not great for others it just wasn’t right for me! And I like my interior dark at night not lit up for outsiders to see inside! lol but they make a few different adapters for different vehicles so just double check before buying! But I truly am thoroughly happy with this purchase and it has great audio quality I have my iPhone eq set on bass reducing as it only takes away the bass notes and leaves all the rest and then I only adjust my bass on the radio it’s a great tune and allows for your tweets to be heard and not be muffled as they can sound at times! I also but in my own tweets as Ive posted in my gmt400 Escalade thread let me know what car you think the tweeter grills are from without reading it!? lol
You must be registered for see images attach

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
So update that’s not a update smh so I took some days off last week for my kids where on mid winter break but come last Thursday I get a call from the collision shop I dropped the Escalade off at only to be left a message saying that it’d take 2-3 months before they could start working on it and to give them a call!! Wtf like how’d it go from dropping it off and no timetable of that scenario to sitting there for 2.5 weeks waiting for them to at least put it on their rack and look at the mechanicals to give me feedback on what’s going on underneath the exterior to 2-3 months before they can put their hands on it to start fixing it!!! Smh so I go grab it and the guy their compliments me on how nice it is but says good luck with an eyebrow lift!! Then later that same day I get a call from the insurance company asking me if I knew what was going on I reiterated everything and he tells me that the shop just didn’t want to work on it as they told him that they didn’t think a exhaust rattling wasn’t from the accident!! Like what in the entire FFFF!! I’m a even type of person of being able to see things from both sides of a issue but how are you going to compliment me on how nice something is and then turn around and act like I’m wanting a rust bucket to become a show stopper!?? No I don’t have any problem seeing things from both sides but I’m not in the business of making/faking issues to get something fixed! So tomorrow I’m swinging by the local collision shop in town to have them look at it and see if they understand what’s going on. I do have an appointment at a Lincoln dealer but not until the 18th and I’m not just gonna sit an time passes and I get shafted because of the time factor but I’m trying to stay positive but these MF’s are really trying my patience and it’s not helping that it’s not been at 100 to start!! More like a 70-80 smh plus I’m not trying to miss out on a possible replacement if the dreadful totaled words come out! I’ll post again probably Wednesday night as I just worked 630am-11pm today along with weds and Thursday nights of this week I’m scheduled for 16hrs again for both those nights then off to autorama in downtown Detroit for date night with my wife! Busy busy busy! Lol