1 Bar…2 Bar…3 Bar…MAP???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SWBCHEVY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s been awhile since I’ve had anything to talk or ask about on here but thankfully I’m now able to get back to work on BabyGirl…my ‘97 SWB Chevy and her rebuilt 5.7 with a few goodies and upgrades added in…and Lextech’s 0411 swap… The engine is in and hopefully off to my buddies muffler shop in a day or two for the exhaust on her…haven’t completely decided on what I’m gonna do yet…any suggestions would be appreciated…
My immediate question for this post is about the map sensor… My ‘97 has a 1 Bar Map Sensor and it’s been suggested numerous times that I need a 2 Bar…ofcourse if I go to AutoZone etc and ask for one for my truck all they are gonna try to give me is another 1 Bar…soooo….how can I request, or what make/model car can I order a map sensor for and be sure it will fit and be an actual 2 Bar???
Any and all info/feedback will be greatly appreciated…
Thanks…Shane

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ‘97 has a 1 Bar Map Sensor and it’s been suggested numerous times that I need a 2 Bar
Who suggested that? You only want a 2 BAR MAP sensor if your engine is boosted. With a NA engine you want a 1 BAR MAP otherwise you'll only have data on 1/2 of your Tables loosing resolution. It'd be worse than having a 1 BAR MAP.

97SWBCHEVY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who suggested that? You only want a 2 BAR MAP sensor if your engine is boosted. With a NA engine you want a 1 BAR MAP otherwise you'll only have data on 1/2 of your Tables loosing resolution. It'd be worse than having a 1 BAR MAP.
I guess I should’ve mentioned the antique Powerdyne supercharger that it has…that’s why it was suggested that I do it… I know those superchargers weren’t ever really all that great but I did put a rebuild kit in it and freshened it up a lil… Haven’t fired the truck up yet so I don’t know if it’s even gonna do enough to warrant changing to a 2Bar…just trying to figure out what to ask/look for if it does…if that makes sense…

Attachments

• E92924D0-D441-427D-8596-E94524F49DFD.jpeg
    E92924D0-D441-427D-8596-E94524F49DFD.jpeg
    578.1 KB · Views: 11

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

97SWBCHEVY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score