1/2 ton diesal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I'm still in love with the old 12 valves. Yeah, the 24v common rail is nice and smooth and quiet, but something about that old 12v screams I'M A MAN! Raw, crude, loud. I just love 'em.
This. I hope to have one in my collection one day.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm still in love with the old 12 valves. Yeah, the 24v common rail is nice and smooth and quiet, but something about that old 12v screams I'M A MAN! Raw, crude, loud. I just love 'em.
I'm in love with all of the cummins motors the were put in pickup trucks, from the first gen to the new 6.7

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I'm in love with all of the cummins motors the were put in pickup trucks, from the first gen to the new 6.7

Some of their great ones never made it to a production pick up. 4BT is one of them.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
The 4BT did come in bread vans and delivery vans. I have seen lots of 4BT swaps on the net but I sure would like to ride/drive in one. Seams other than the noise it would be a great diesel option for a half ton.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, vans and heavy equipment is where most people get them to swap. Never came in a truck. I always had hope that one would end up in a Jeep or Dakota because of the Chrysler/Cummins relationship. There was one at SEMA a number of years back. Was a TJ with Dana 60s and the 4BT. All built by the SRT and MOPAR divisions, too. I nearly lost my bladder, didn't want to leave it! All looked so perfect, factory installed and clean as can be.

Also, the 4BT shares nearly all of its architecture with the 6BT. That means it wouldn't take much to convert over to a common rail by using the 6BT blue prints.