0411 pcm torque management

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty good youtuber here on tuning "Gen III" GM stuff, which is the 0411 ECM. Go through his whole Gen III playlist twice.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get that on first. IIRC your PE is going to be overly rich and the timing map should tolerate a couple global bumps before you start to see any knock activity. Your fuel choice will play a role there, but your fueling needs to be squared away before getting frisky with the timing. It should be close if you're stock, but the MAF table will need reworked as the vans have a different intake setup than the trucks.
My van had spark knock with the stock timing map in a very specific RPM range. I would have to look in old datalogs to see where. However in other areas it wanted substantially more timing, especially in cooler weather.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My van had spark knock with the stock timing map in a very specific RPM range. I would have to look in old datalogs to see where. However in other areas it wanted substantially more timing, especially in cooler weather.

Wow, on the 411 base tune? Even my big block took a global bump of I want to say around 4 degrees before I had to start reshaping. Granted I only put 91 in that and my 1500.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, on the 411 base tune? Even my big block took a global bump of I want to say around 4 degrees before I had to start reshaping. Granted I only put 91 in that and my 1500.
Biggest thing I'm working on hammering out right now is knock, at higher load and mid to upper RPM ranges. I based the 0411 table on what was in the black box as my starting point. I'm also getting this dialed under 87 octane. In some places I'm down to 10-11*. It's definitely making me want to change my ways and run 93, but I feel like since I'm already here getting a "good" "safe" timing map for junk gas won't be a bad idea.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Biggest thing I'm working on hammering out right now is knock, at higher load and mid to upper RPM ranges. I based the 0411 table on what was in the black box as my starting point. I'm also getting this dialed under 87 octane. In some places I'm down to 10-11*. It's definitely making me want to change my ways and run 93, but I feel like since I'm already here getting a "good" "safe" timing map for junk gas won't be a bad idea.

I want to say that mid-upper is where I saw knock as well on 87 octane. It has been so long since it was stock I forget exactly where it showed up. But if I recall correctly, it would show knock retard right after a WOT 1-2 shift.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to say that mid-upper is where I saw knock as well on 87 octane. It has been so long since it was stock I forget exactly where it showed up. But if I recall correctly, it would show knock retard right after a WOT 1-2 shift.
The 1-2 shift is EXACTLY where I’m seeing it