Woody's Black Z71 pic history

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been jumping the big snow bank at work the last few days...so I brought the GoPro today and got video. It came out pretty sweet!
http://youtu.be/-bbm-tiLQ7I
You must be registered for see images

Also hauled yet ANOTHER junk Cuda for the old man. What a pain in the ass. When it takes a loader to get it on the trailer that should be the first sign to run. Had to chain it to his truck and drive the trailer out from under it.

Last edited:

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Yikes, scary looking cudas! Looks like you had fun jumping those snowbanks!

Sent from underneath my truck

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I made another video with my truck. Got it BURIED in a snow bank this time. Broke a tow strap trying to get it out...had to snow blow around it and shovel out the 2ft of snow it was stuck on top of...haha Got a huge recovery strap so next want I want to get stupid I'm prepared! haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUbqnA0bsag

The last jump busted the grille and turn signals, so I fixed the grille with some Gorilla tape and tinted some new turn signals. I tinted the stock corners and cut the light socket out of the black ones and wired in bulbs. I like the look. Have more tint on the way for the headlights, and planning on an 3000k HID upgrade so I can still see. Thinking I should probably do the 4-hi mod too.

Last edited:

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought a 4-hi harness from ebay to save time. Also sanded & polished the headlights to bring them back to clear and then tinted them. Modded the low beam housing and connector for 9005 high beams so they are plug & play and I can swap bulbs when they blow without modding them. Only need to use a 9006 o-ring. I like the look. Seems like it should be plenty of light output. I'll know better tomorrow when I get some night road miles.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered the OBX stainless Vortec headers on ebay. God that polished look is awful...maybe I'll spray bomb em. haha

Planning on welding up the AIR and EGR tubes on the one and leaving the other EGR and blocking it off in case I ever want to add it.

Also shot a couple pics of the headlights. I actually have better night visibility now than I did before I tinted them. I guess the sand & polish helped the cloudy lenses quite a bit...and of course the bulb swap and 4-hi.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put a new stereo in the Beretta so the truck got the old head unit. Stock radio never worked since I bought it...and I didnt have any tapes to try the cassette deck. haha And the 3-tone maroon was annoying me so I sprayed some of it black. Makes me want to do the whole interior black, but it's not worth the effort...I have too many other projects on the cars that are a higher priority.

While I had everything apart and a new hole in the dash I figured I'd add a backup camera. And since I was adding a backup camera I added some aux reverse lights. Wired them and the camera to come on automatically in R, and both are wired to a switch so they can be turned on separately at any time. The backup override is on a constant hot so I can do it with the truck shut off too. Couple relays, a diode, some heat shrink & solder...piece of cake!

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought a 4-hi harness from ebay to save time. Also sanded & polished the headlights to bring them back to clear and then tinted them. Modded the low beam housing and connector for 9005 high beams so they are plug & play and I can swap bulbs when they blow without modding them. Only need to use a 9006 o-ring. I like the look. Seems like it should be plenty of light output. I'll know better tomorrow when I get some night road miles.

Awesome build thread just read the hole thing ...this is one unique truck..how did you tint the head lights and running lights housing...looks great

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Awesome build thread just read the hole thing ...this is one unique truck..how did you tint the head lights and running lights housing...looks great

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk

I 2nd this just read the whole thing I can't wait to build my engine