Woody's Black Z71 pic history

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got it from ebay. "Light smoke" headlight tint film. Doesn't hold up the greatest...and I think I did a pretty good job prepping...but it looks good for a beater! haha

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got it from ebay. "Light smoke" headlight tint film. Doesn't hold up the greatest...and I think I did a pretty good job prepping...but it looks good for a beater! haha

True dat..lol...mines a 10 from 50....atleast the one side of my truck

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk

ddennis45

Reaction score
Hey Woody, it would take the same $ and effort to swap a 5.7 vortec for my 5.7 tbi as it would to put in a 5.3 LS motor right? I sure would love to upgrade to the 96-99 5.7 vortec in my truck, vs. trying to do anything with this damn TBI...Just doing the swap would yield 80 hp plus I'd open myself up to all the tuning possibilites, but I just mean I would still have to do cpu and wire harness, fuel pump, virtually everything I'd have to with a 5.3 right?

5.3 swap was best thing i ever done. pulls good with 3.73 and still gets 17mpg if i can keep my foot out of it. 4l60e didn't last long after the swap though...

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been a while!

Did you ever get to doing anymore of these boards for the taillights?

I did make some to use a low beam bulb for the reverse and I could see zero difference in a side by side comparison. Apparently the stock reverse housing in the tail light is the biggest obstacle. So I just added fogs under the bumper.

I could cut up some more just like I have them if people are interested though.

Haven't done a lot with it lately. I did get a full stainless exhaust all done...including modifying the OBX headers that fit like garbage! Just bought a set of DuraTracs that will be mounted next week. I'll have to get some pics and post an update. Been busy working on my Camaro right now...got it on a rotisserie giving it the full restomod job.

Here's a pic of it heading back to the sandblaster to touch up their ty blast job.
You must be registered for see images

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
looks good, whyd you strip the camaro apart? also i sent you a fb request awhile back (sounds kinacreepy) im doing a motor swap was gonna pick your brain a bit.