Woody's Black Z71 pic history

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These brand newPOS Napa tail light circuit boards have been pissing me off. They are junk. So I just did the stop/tail/turn mod a little differently than most.

I cut a board out of 1/8" ABS sheet stock on the CNC and used 96-98 Grand Am tail harnesses to hardwire my own. Cut the circuit board plug off and crimped, soldered & heat shrunk the connections and taped it all together. Plenty of wire to remove the tails and get to the lights. I'm happy.

I'm going to cut another board with the keyway for a headlight bulb in the reverse spot and see if I like it. I can run it with a relay to take the load off the wiring, but it might not even need it considering the short amount of time the reverse lights are generally on for...

You must be registered for see images

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm ready to boycott Napa completely. Changed the window motor a month or so ago and it's dead already.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You interested in making another set of those boards? I can get the sockets....

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I can do that. I want to play with the reverse headlight idea anyway. I'll let you know when I get to it...it might be a little while.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made my own cargo hooks for the bed floor today and finally wired up my temp mirror. Hooks are made out of 1-1/4 exhaust clamps for less than $2/per. Can't beat it.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
u put the front grille on yet? wanna tka e apic of the horn connector for me? pwease

temp mirror looks good. woouldnt it do better tucked under the bumper os something?

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
u put the front grille on yet? wanna tka e apic of the horn connector for me? pwease

temp mirror looks good. woouldnt it do better tucked under the bumper os something?

Sorry, grille was back on about 2 minutes after that pic. And you want that sensor in the path of fresh airflow. Otherwise radiant heat from the engine could skew the readings. Remember "wind chill" doesn't affect temperature.