Woody's Black Z71 pic history

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are actually UV-cured name badges. The boss doesn't care when we do little stuff for our own projects, but won't let us profit or do side jobs for others. I could have made mucho bucks on Camaro dashes after I made mine...but it just means mine is unique. haha

Made my first towing voyage with the truck this weekend. Took it almost 500 miles with a U-Haul trailer to get a 69 Cuda for my old man...pulling just about 5000lbs exactly. I'm not a big fan of the surge brakes on the U-Haul, and I couldn't use a weight-distributing hitch because of them, so it squatted pretty good...but it rode quite nicely. Had to hit 4th gear up some hills but I never had to go WOT...the power was there. Mileage was worse than I expected (13 out, 11 back) but better than the 8.1 2500HD I picked up my truck with a few years ago that got 8.

All in all, I was happy with it. And I think it will be even better with the weight-distributing hitch and electric trailer brakes.

You must be registered for see images

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been busy with a ton of stuff lately...but now I'm putting my 14-bolt in finally. The G80 teeth were shot, so I just removed that crap and now it's an open. I may do a limited slip diff later on some day. Put new brakes and lines on it so it should be good to go. Probably swap it next weekend.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
So when are you gonna fix that front fender? :p

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So when are you gonna fix that front fender? :p

Aint gonna happen. haha

Both doors, both fenders, hood, both box sides and the tail gate all have dents. And the back bumper. I like that it's beat up because I don't worry about the paint job. It's my work beast. And if I repainted something like a fender it wouldn't match the other faded, scratched paint.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some pics. Raised the ride height in back by about 2". Ebrake was a pain in the ass. I guess the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton cables are different. But I made it work.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now it rides like a truck! haha

The new 3/4 ton springs are quite a bit heavier. Should haul without squatting too bad now.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Good looking truck man! how you liking those MTR's ? i loved mine to bad they stopped making them.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some better pics.

The truck feels so luxurious now that I finally replaced the broken window motor. I have a window that works and an upholstered door panel reinstalled! haha