ULTIMATE TBI mods stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on my truck the map sensor and the egr solenoid are both on the side of passenger valve cover.maybe your guys are different due to be a newer vehicle......lol

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on my truck the map sensor and the egr solenoid are both on the side of passenger valve cover.

Lol that's what I meant but the map is towards the back I can really only see the egr solenoid being in the way if I remember right it sticks up more

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dang bro....lol...i dont know whats going on .....im tired from work i guess....my bad lol

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol its all good I kinda suck at explaining stuff, pics help a lot in this case

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
So last night i was gunna take the choke collar off the TB on the truck, And the Throttle cable where the cruise is on the drivers side clears just fine. But theres a bracket on the passenger side that hits the bottom of the cleaner housing, And i dont got a Hynes Manual so i dont know what it is. It has an electrical connection and box or what not, and i was wondering if i can move it down the bracket more so i can trim the top off to clean. Cant Hurt would it?

The MAP, EGR sensors, and the ESC (electronic spark control) are located on a bracket next to the TB (pass side). The MAP and EGR sensors are the smaller boxes with the vacuum tubes. The ESC is the larger flat box. Both can be re-located easily. I separated the sensors from the bracket and mounted them to the fire wall.
MAP sensor on right EGR sensor on left.
You must be registered for see images attach

ESC bracket removed and ziptied to wireing harness.

Last edited:

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
The MAP, EGR sensors, and the ESC (electronic spark control) are located on a bracket next to the TB (pass side). The MAP and EGR sensors are the smaller boxes with the vacuum tubes. The ESC is the larger flat box. Both can be re-located easily. I separated the sensors from the bracket and mounted them to the fire wall.
MAP sensor on right EGR sensor on left.

ESC bracket removed and ziptied to wireing harness.

Gunna head out and do that right now, Thanks!!!

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Def going to relocate as much as I can to the firewall, love that idea.
Did you have to extend any wires/hoses or simply pull them outta the loom until they would reach/clear what you needed?

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Pulled the wires out of the loom without modification, just re-routed. I replaced the plastic vacuum lines with rubber so they would bend the way I needed. I think I modified the lengths.