Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZSC-114

Reaction score
SORRY FOR THE LONG POST
NEED YALLS HELP!!!!!

Been a forum stalker for a long time....
love this site, and was planning a build thread..Ok, I've been doing this a long time and I think a tune is the answer but im looking for some help....I've followed this forum for a long time and there are A LOT OF intelligent members and I wanna hear thoughts... I have a rcsb 350 with 5 speed. Engine mods done:
Edelbrock tbi performer tbi manifold
T.b. spacer
Ultimate tbi mods (all of em)
Fuel pressure at 18 psi.
Mild cam 206/215 at .050
About 480 lift with 1.6 roller rockers
Ported heads to clean em up but still swirl ports
Mid length headers w/ 2.5 exhaust all the way back .duals bullets magnaflows
Jet stage 3 chip
I've done plenty of performance builds and own my own shop as well as teach at a tech school so I'm not a newb.....

PROBLEM IS......trucks runs and revs snappy and hard at idle and will pull to 6k if I stay at part throttle 50% on the pedal...how ever it won't take full throttle!!@ it just falls off and spits and pops...it has a new distributor with one light and one medium spring for advance....base timing set at 2° computer advances controls the rest.....im at a loss as to why it won't preform...I get jet chips are terrible but I can't decide if I wanna go with the burnable chips or the data log and on the fly tuning??? CAN SOMEONE HELP!!!!
Any advice would be appreciated....

Attachments

• 20231105_154320.jpg
    20231105_154320.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Snapchat-1538990094.jpg
    Snapchat-1538990094.jpg
    533.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20231120_162306.jpg
    IMG_20231120_162306.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230407_193643.jpg
    20230407_193643.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230407_200410.jpg
    20230407_200410.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 16

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It sounds as if the thing is going too lean at full throttle, and with your mods, it's hardly conceivable that it'd be running rich.
I'd suggest adapting a 454 throttle body on there, and a tune to compensate for it.
This of course assumes everything else is correct, such as timing, plugs, wires, coolant temp sensors, etc.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it has a new distributor with one light and one medium spring for advance....base timing set at 2° computer advances controls the rest.
You have a centrifugal advance distributor somehow also interacting with a computer for electronic advance? Doesn't make sense to me.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m curious about the distributor as well.

EBL Flash from Dynamic EFI can take care of your tuning issues. It’s not that difficult to learn, and there are people here and a few other forums that can help fine tune.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As mentioned above - sounds like "lean pops". Watch your MAP sensor when at WOT, your TB may be choking it down. A WBO2 would be nice in your build so you can see what your AFRs are. It's happiest with mid to high 12's to low 13's when in "PE" (Performance Enhancement).

As mentioned above too, get the EBL Flash-II and have fun. It's capable of tuning your VE tables. It also has provisions for working with a WBO2 :waytogo:

ZSC-114

Reaction score
i went back with a new stock style dizzy and an msd coil with accel wires i was thinking about my c10 when i posted this (too many projects not enough sleep haha). Thanks for all the replies i went through everything again as far as timing is concerned and its all set correctly. i am agreeing it feels like a lean pop to me i have my fuel pressure set at 14 psi (if my in line gauge is accurate) and it holds fuel good pressure. i think all i can do now is tune the thing. Does eeveryone agree the EBL Flash II is the way to go??? Any Quick tips or advice??? Any horror Storries??? Again i appreciate the replies.

ZSC-114

Reaction score
You have a centrifugal advance distributor somehow also interacting with a computer for electronic advance? Doesn't make sense to me.
ya i was thinking of my c10 with the spring change. this one has a new stock style dizzy. sorry for the confusion and my lack of reading my own post before posting it haha

ZSC-114

Reaction score
As mentioned above - sounds like "lean pops". Watch your MAP sensor when at WOT, your TB may be choking it down. A WBO2 would be nice in your build so you can see what your AFRs are. It's happiest with mid to high 12's to low 13's when in "PE" (Performance Enhancement).

As mentioned above too, get the EBL Flash-II and have fun. It's capable of tuning your VE tables. It also has provisions for working with a WBO2 :waytogo:

Thanks, i have a wide band o2 on the way...i was going to run one regardless, and i like to keep an eye on afrs regardless of the build. and thanks for the tip!!!! I was thinking lean pop too just wanted to see what everyone thought or if someone had a comment of a no-brainer that i overlooked. its happened to all of us haha....as for tuning ive messed with HP tuners before, is the EBL Flash II an easy platform to tune with??? Has anybody had success runing the stock style injectors (can they actually flow enough fuel when turned up to keep up)??? I like a new challenge and im not scared to jump in and learn a new system as long as its not a waste of time and money to go with the FlashII