What aftermarket air cleaners will fit on a gen 5 tbi 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warrick454

Reaction score
I have a 1995 k2500 with a tbi 454, I’m planning on buying a set of headers and a whole exhaust system for it, and I don’t really want to keep the stock air cleaner, i know I’ll need a tbi air cleaner stud, but I don’t know what will fit the tbi 454 throttle body.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keep the stock air cleaner unless you want your engine to run on hot air. You can replace the tube that goes to the fender with something without the resonator box.
If someone can find a tube that will fit the large oval opening for the 454 air cleaner, I am all ears. I have been trying unsucessfully for 6 months, even messaged a Youtuber that pulled apart a 454 van to try to find one.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
If someone can find a tube that will fit the large oval opening for the 454 air cleaner, I am all ears. I have been trying unsucessfully for 6 months, even messaged a Youtuber that pulled apart a 454 van to try to find one.

Usually people use the V6 tube, but your van has a larger opening than a truck, correct?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 454 air cleaner base has a bit of a factory tapered power bowl as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you tried fabricating something? Maybe an oval adapter to round made of fiberglass?
Nope, just slapped a 14x3 open element on it, because it really does not matter here in Texas. The IATs will hit 160F and beyond even with the stock air ducting. Once rolling down the highway they will still be 120-140F. Only real advantage to the sealed ducting is less intake noise and an OE look.