Vortec 454 Injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lemme know how well those injectors fit the OEM fuel rail/manifold, and what--exactly--they're supposed to be found on.

I'm gonna need injectors or injector cleaning on my '97 7.4L.
Yeah, I realized how big the O-rings are when I pulled them out of the box, really hoping they fit. They were listed for a 96-03 4.6/5.4 and they are OE Ford. @Carlaisle runs 96 Mustang 4.6 injectors, so these should fit. I'll post some pictures when and if I get them on. They've got some nice weight to em, I like the metal body.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
There's a big list of injectors that will fit in 454s posted in the thread;
Vortec 454 Thread
Yea, I have the Bosch upgraded 5.0 ones listed in that thread. I am just waiting for warm weather to tackle that project. I dont want to rush it or crack that fuel rail because its cold.

I'm going to just run them with a stock tune for a while and watch the LTFT but I may need that JET tuner if it starts getting to the limit of the fuel trim table.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, I have the Bosch upgraded 5.0 ones listed in that thread. I am just waiting for warm weather to tackle that project. I dont want to rush it or crack that fuel rail because its cold.

I'm going to just run them with a stock tune for a while and watch the LTFT but I may need that JET tuner if it starts getting to the limit of the fuel trim table.
I've got a set of 28# LS1 injectors I was going to swap in to replace by 5O Motorsports 19# Blue Knights; but then I got my replacement motor and decided to hold off, I'll build the new mill (headwork, cam, injectors) and swap the whole works in then.

TJ400

Reaction score
I just put new injectors in mine from fiveomotorsports.com. Bosch. I wouldn't go with cheap injectors. Direct replacement, doesn't require a tune. Although I have it tuned with an old Hypertech 3 tuner. Improved trans shift points and firmness. Also got rid of the fuel shutoff and dropped the thermostat to a 180.

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put new injectors in mine from fiveomotorsports.com. Bosch. I wouldn't go with cheap injectors. Direct replacement, doesn't require a tune. Although I have it tuned with an old Hypertech 3 tuner. Improved trans shift points and firmness. Also got rid of the fuel shutoff and dropped the thermostat to a 180.
Yeah, I got Bosch ones, I put everything in my other thread. I will be doing all of those things as well, just haven't gotten to it yet. Truck runs really hot so new thermostat and coolant flush are on the list.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Did you also get rid of the 60 second PE delay and dump some timing into the thing?

Bachert24

Reaction score
That’s really odd you need a tune with just injectors. Anyone tried injectors without a tune? Pulse and spray duration spills be controlled by ecm based off of throttle and air flow. I know they are different but my 05 Grand Prix I was able to swap in bigger injectors to run E85 and I didn’t need a tune until I went with a smaller pulley and started using E85. The ecm doesn’t know your swapped injectors so it shouldn’t matter. Am I wrong?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That’s really odd you need a tune with just injectors. Anyone tried injectors without a tune? Pulse and spray duration spills be controlled by ecm based off of throttle and air flow. I know they are different but my 05 Grand Prix I was able to swap in bigger injectors to run E85 and I didn’t need a tune until I went with a smaller pulley and started using E85. The ecm doesn’t know your swapped injectors so it shouldn’t matter. Am I wrong?

Very. You said it: your PCM doesn't know your injectors have changed. So now you're dumping more fuel than necessary and messing everything up.