Vortec 454 Injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh well, time to make my head explode with fueling and timing tables!
You know the old saying, once you try it you'll never go back!

Well because the software was invented AFTER dinosaurs roamed the earth, you might actually find it easier to work with.
Well, carbs and point distributor are from the dinosaur age! I remember when I bought my new '84 Dodge W150 with electronic spark control. I bought a ballast resistor and a point distributor so I could figure out how to tune it, LOL

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Well, carbs and point distributor are from the dinosaur age! I remember when I bought my new '84 Dodge W150 with electronic spark control. I bought a ballast resistor and a point distributor so I could figure out how to tune it, LOL
If I can understand the damn thing :crazy:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

I had a points distributor once. Tossed the points before I ever ran the distributor and installed a Pertronix electronic pickup. Worked great. I ended up shoving some shrinkwrap down the posts that would limit the movement of the weights to further reduce mechanical advance and was able to run more base timing, same total timing, and thus more in between as well. That also worked great, but the latter part didn't come until after I'd learned how to tune EFI and realized how much timing under the curve really helps with drivability.

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Injectors from a 1996 4.6L Mustang are plug and play - no tuning required. I've been running a used set that set me back the grand total of $60 for years with zero problems.
Oh? Well then, I think I'll just do that for now. Tune is still happening, I'm obligated now, but that will get me running and driving without screwing with it, nice! Highly appreciated!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Who here has actually used the Jet system?

I have, sparingly. I've used it to disable some EVAP and O2 sensor codes. Haven't really tried anything else yet but it's worked great for those purposes.

The software install on my Windows 10 machines was pretty easy, although the instructions were somewhat unclear. The main DST tuning software needs to be installed in "compatibility mode," set for Windows XP SP3. The rest of the software (JetFLASH utility and USB drivers) can be installed normally from the autorun.exe file on the flash drive. I'm confident we could walk you through it if you have any issues getting everything installed.

Here's a link to the Windows 10 install instructions:

https://jetchip.com/wp-content/uplo...10-Step-by-Step-Installation-Instructions.pdf

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have, sparingly. I've used it to disable some EVAP and O2 sensor codes. Haven't really tried anything else yet but it's worked great for those purposes.

The software install on my Windows 10 machines was pretty easy, although the instructions were somewhat unclear. The main DST tuning software needs to be installed in "compatibility mode," set for Windows XP SP3. The rest of the software (JetFLASH utility and USB drivers) can be installed normally from the autorun.exe file on the flash drive. I'm confident we could walk you through it if you have any issues getting everything installed.

Here's a link to the Windows 10 install instructions:

https://jetchip.com/wp-content/uplo...10-Step-by-Step-Installation-Instructions.pdf
Good to know. I'll probably have to install it on my Windows 8 laptop, as my Windows 10 laptop is my school one and I can't download any programs with an admin code. It's stupid. If I do the latter though, I'd definitely take you up on the walk through.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good to know. I'll probably have to install it on my Windows 8 laptop, as my Windows 10 laptop is my school one and I can't download any programs with an admin code. It's stupid. If I do the latter though, I'd definitely take you up on the walk through.

I'd imagine the installation process is pretty much the same between Windows 8 and 10, shouldn't be any major differences.

Also @Schurkey I accidentally posted the link to the CD-ROM install instructions, those are outdated now. My fault. All the new DST software packages should come on a USB thumb drive, here's the correct link to those instructions.