ULTIMATE TBI mods stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Is there a way to delete the spacer while keeping cruise control?

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
There's space on the bracket to move the cruz linkage to a lower location. You would have to test fit to get the proper angle, then drill/cut a new hole. But yeah, its do-able.

Edit; Lookin at it again I would measure how much u need to cut the bracket to clear the bottom of the air cleaner, then extend the current notch down to accommodate the cruz linkage.

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Yep that's what I concluded as I just went out and looked at mine also. Thanks. Btw, I noticed you said you had your coil mounted to the firewall. Could you post up some pics?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
So this is a good upgrade here? i want to put a TB spacer, would this work with the spacer? or does it basicly make it do just that? sorry, im new to all this motor stuff... ive got a plan, just trying to make sure its the right hting!

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
It will work with a spacer. The spacer helps atomize the fuel/air mixture better. The TBI mod is a great low cost mod to clean up yer air flow. Better air flow= better fuel/air mix= better power. When I did mine I noticed an immediate increase in power(littlebit not monster) and better throttle response. The motor is basically a big air pump. More air, more fuel, more power. There's alot a math, fractions and formulas for big HP gains but At a basic upgrade level its purty simple.

Last edited:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I deleted the spacer and didn't modify my cruise bracket in any way, cleared the aircleaner just fine.

I never did the TBI mods to my 350 TBI, but I did do my 454 before installing it. Modding a 454 TBI is easier as it has no flared parts above, and is already a 2" bore. They are too much to run on a stock 350 though.

I also shaved my throttle shaft, installed a larger pod spacer, 18PSI spring and 90LB/HR injectors.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: