ULTIMATE TBI mods stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike1988

Reaction score
the very first post where you shave it down and smooth it out

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Itnshould I don't see why it wouldn't. Just make sure that when you shave it that it's still flat on that mounting surface so you aren't putting any strain on the aluminum pod. Then when the trucks running again id look at the spray with the air cleaner off to make sure it's making it in the throttle bore

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
if the OP doesnt post in i used my dremel with the cutoff wheel, ground that all and yes i do have lower spots, then i took the belt sander with a few different fine-very fine papers, then brass wheeled it till it shined then buffed the piss out of it.

mike1988

Reaction score
ok thats basically how i did mine started with a dremel just didnt seem to come out the way i wanted thanks for the info

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
I used a 50 grit sanding wheel fer the rough out then a course 80 grit polishing wheel. If u don't have an air grinder, a dremel will work just fine.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you put it all back together do you need to torque the bolts that hold the TBI unit down? If so to what, and what about the injector pod just till its snug or you need to torque that down too?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2