Tyler's DD/plaything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
That really sucks about the accident, but glad to hear your OK. The truck can be fixed, pretty much has been already.

The broken bolt in the head shouldn't need the head to be removed. I've been able to remove the broken bolts with the engine still together. If the head of the bolt rotted off, get hold of a reverse cut drill bit and a reversible drill. Sometimes you can start drilling and it will catch and back right out. If it was broken off because it was over tightened, then you can try drilling it out normally and try to clean out the theads

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
That really sucks about the accident, but glad to hear your OK. The truck can be fixed, pretty much has been already.

The broken bolt in the head shouldn't need the head to be removed. I've been able to remove the broken bolts with the engine still together. If the head of the bolt rotted off, get hold of a reverse cut drill bit and a reversible drill. Sometimes you can start drilling and it will catch and back right out. If it was broken off because it was over tightened, then you can try drilling it out normally and try to clean out the theads

I'm thinking it was broken during an attempted removal. If I have to drill it out I don't want to risk being off a bid and ruining the threads. Who knows. I have access to an LS 5.3 with heads cut for 6.0 valves that's apart for $400. It just needs the valves in it. At $6 each. So I could very well carb it and run a carbed LS ahaha

sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well folks. I've just landed a job I've been hoping for for close to a year if not more. Pay is good for about 2/hr more starting. And I should be up around 55 hours a week minimum. Meaning a healthy jump in pay. Also meaning the old girl will be getting some much needed attention in the maintenance department. Namely the horrid exhaust manifold crack.

Headers will be the replacement. And they won't be the cheap crap. I'm fixing it and fixing it right. Next up will be some led fun. That may come along first. Gotta get some money right before I start playing around though. Give me about a month or so and I should be updating this thread some more.

sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
hey tyler, how'd you do your 4 corner mod? Did you cut out the lower and cut out the upper and epoxy it like danny did or did you drill the hole and epoxy the "circle" from the lower onto the upper? I'm trying to figure out the best way of doing this...

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I redneck rigged the upper corners. Drilled a hole for the bulb socket and cut a notch to lock them in. Only works with my small LEDs. I will do it right when I get new lights. For now it works as is. I also snapped a stud off the upper marker on the right side and my grille has random test holes in it. I have a new grille for it. Just need new fenders and lights and I will do it properly.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
So this past Friday the truck failed to start at the gas station. Turned the key off and back on and she fired right up. It was odd. Lately its been falling on its face when it downshifts to pass or I run WOT. Well Saturday I got up for work and she cranked for a half hour. No start. No pump noise. No prime. Fawk. Half hour late for work. Emily had to take me in. I'm seriously $1,200 from having absolutely zero debt of any kind. Picked up a NAPA fuel pump assembly today (Sunday) dad brought some drill bits and a sawzall and I made a nice access hole in the bed. Old pump slid out and the new one went in like a hot knife through butter. 45 mins total from moving my toolbox and bed mat to putting my tools away. Only set me back $218. Not a bad deal at all. Runs like a champ. Next on the list is new lines. Contemplating braided but I'm not totally sold on the idea yet.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I pretty much had it figured out the day before. Just needed the time to do it. And cutting a hole was the best way. I was not going to drop a full tank of fuel in the road on an 80 degree Sunday afternoon with humidity. Way too much work for the only day I have off a week

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well with the new job and recent HyPer affiliation I've been banking money like a madman. Decided to splurge a little bit last week and got a set of front lights that I've been wanting for a couple years. Turns out P1 had a set with LED park/turn lights for the price of the non LED ones on eBay. I jumped at the chance. After fighting some issues with the drivers side parking light they work flawlessly! I love them. Also decided to replace my HVAC button lights since I got out of work early for a change today.
You must be registered for see images attach

I know the low beam is out. The bulb is burned way out of spec. My 55watt ballasts will ignite it. It just burns pink. New bulbs will be ordered this week. (Correction: ordered yesterday) Should be in before the weekend I hope. At which time I will aim the lights. They look amazing. Bought 6000k and 8000k low beam bulbs. At $12 a pair I couldn't decide if I wanted all white or a hint of blue so I said why not have both.

Also put my LEDs in the indicators of the HVAC. Still need to track down the source of my control illumination not working. May just have to find a set that doesn't have broken clips.

In the process of taking off the dash bezel I broke my sub remote wire so I have zero bass. Gonna fix that this weekend.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad someone finally installed those lights lol. I bought those originally then sold them to P1 who I guess sold them to you haha. They've been all over the place! Let me know about those LEDs when you get a chance.