Tyler's DD/plaything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Glad someone finally installed those lights lol. I bought those originally then sold them to P1 who I guess sold them to you haha. They've been all over the place! Let me know about those LEDs when you get a chance.

They're happily riding around in Michigan now! I did reply to your lighting post. Sorry it took so long. I just spent a weekend up at the sand dunes. Got some work done to the truck while I was up there.

sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Yesterday I worked and got out early. Took a short nap did some running around and went to a party at Emily's cousins place. Left there around 2AM. Got home passed out for two hours woke up and headed out to go to the sand dunes. Arrived at a park and ride at 6:40 to wait out the ORV area opening. Slept on the oh so comfy 95+ 60/40 split bench. I love that thing. Tuck away the seat belt latches and you have a great bed. The door panel arm rests make great headrests with a sweatshirt or pillow on top of them.

While at the dunes I was fairly bored at a few points so I reconnected my amp signal wire so I have bass again. Replaced my 5000k lights with 8000k and repaired the low beam accessory wire from the 4hi mod relay so that works again. Also figured out my HVAC does illuminate. But all the bulbs were out. So LEDs went in.
You must be registered for see images attach
Simple interior LED conversion is completed. Now its on to the little stuff.

Last edited:

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Since this HyPer affiliation is really beginning to take off and my truck is literally becoming a showcase for our products the gf and I both agreed that the green machine is lacking in aesthetic performance.

Emily's first two of the 5 semesters of her college program are fully paid for including supplies and books. That means I have well over 6 months to work on the truck and make improvements all while still helping put more away towards those next three semesters.

To start; everyone says the blue Walmart lights up front gotta go. They don't flow. I couldn't agree more. One is burnt out and the bulbs are $15. Screw that. I paid $20 for the entire kit lights, housings, wire, switch, fuse and holder, and battery terminal connectors. So I took a step up. I got a 22" led light bar ordered. Came off of eBay. It was $135 and claims to have Cree LEDs. Same brand HyPer uses. Better than $300 or more for a rigid. Should come in this week. Just need to modify my bracket a little.

Next up and this was all Emily. She got bored at work. Instead of sitting on Facebook she went shopping for truck parts! (No. She's not for sale or rent. I'm keeping her!) She found me a pair of certified to fit front fenders on rock auto for $250 shipped. LMC truck wants that just for shipping alone on ONE fender. Fawk that. Ordered those up last night. Paint will come from my cousin who happens to be an estimator for the only Mercedes Benz/ Audi/ Lexus certified body shop in west Michigan. He's taking care of the fenders and cowl hood I may or may not yet need. There's a crinkle in the factory hood from a crunch with a tree. If it doesn't affect the new fenders or look dead obvious and unrepairable I'll keep the hood. If the hood won't shut or it messes up the paint it's time for a 2" squared cowl. The tailgate will be painted free of charge by Emily's cousin. There's not really any blending to be done back there so he can paint it off the truck. And you can't beat free. May just have the visor resprayed. Jury's still out on that one.

This week it should be going to the dealer. I'm finally getting so sick of the manifold and exhaust issues that I'm going to fix it once and for all. The truck sounds like absolute dog ****. The dealer will be removing and replacing all manifold bolts. Then I'm ordering headers cats and new o2 sensors. Lastly it will get new cat back pipe and use the current muffler since it was never damaged in the wreck. New tips will finish it off; stainless of course.

Updates will follow as things get completed. Also have to chase down a ghost headlight out on the sunfart. Last time this happened I spent an entire day ripping the car apart inside and out to find that an old junk wire repair finally threw in the towel. When I fixed the harness it was real tight. If that's the problem I'm rebuilding and relocating the whole front harness. Her crash probably didn't help much either.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Time for another update. This one has some major changes to the style of the truck. Yes its still green. Yes its still rusty but I've now upgraded everything lighting wise other than the third brake which will come very shortly I hope.

First off I replaced all the front lights with the smoked set I've had my eyes on for awhile now. But its better because I bought them off of P1(1997chevydriver) they have led park/turn units instead of the normal bulb style. After a fair bit of fiddling with the plugs and such I was able to get them working properly! I also fixed my 4hi mod and replaced my low beam ballasts with a pair of used HyPer units. Also decided to change to 8,000k low beam bulbs. The whole look on the front of the truck is changed. I love it!
You must be registered for see images

Oh and I got rid of the crap blue Meijer special $20 driving lights and replaced them with a 22" LED light bar. I'm not going to say what brand or how much I paid until I put some miles and hours on it to see how it holds up. It was a mildly cheap eBay one so I don't want to talk it up and then have it let a bunch of people down. So far it has performed flawlessly. Its bright as the heavens. I had people flashing me in broad daylight if I turned it on. It rivals or exceeds my 4hi mod.

Also finally got to changing out my visor lights to LEDs. I went with amber and they glow a perfect amber now. I love it. Just need to perform the upper corner mod on my new corners and I will be set. I need some spare time to do it. I'm doing it right this time now that I have clear lenses and this truck is my HyPer show piece.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I talked up my lightbar and it's a POS...

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Have you thought about just sanding a priming the rust spots for the time being? Every day that goes by a little more of your truck disappears. Looking good though!

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I've got fenders. Its too close to winter layoff to replace them now. Next spring they will definitely be put on. They look perfect. All primed and ready. Just need the money and I can't dip into my layoff savings now since I may not get a chance to build it back up in time. Nights are getting down into the low 40s. Frost is on our doorstep and winter can hit like a bag of bricks here in the mitten state. I can't afford to take chances. Next year will also bring a whole new exhaust system as well.

sent from what is likely a flagged smartphone.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I talked up my lightbar and it's a POS...

Yep. I don't want that to happen. If it turns out to be a pile of crap I want my money to be the only money wasted. I'll give it til spring. See how it responds to a Michigan winter

sent from what is likely a flagged smartphone.