Tyler's DD/plaything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Back window shot. Only stickers you can't see are the Cabela's and my front banner.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
One more thing I'm not sure I have pics of cause it ain't necessary......I was going through a local junk yard last fall and found a burb with a new hitch, bumper, shocks and 4 pin harness. I snagged the bumper shocks (Bilstein HD) and some skid plates and front diff bracket off a Z with the help of my gf Emily. She also helped with the removal an install of them on my truck.

Ignore the blown brake line. It's the only pic of the shocks that I have right now.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well I continued my led conversion with some help from MOBS. $35 plus shipping got me this bright sonovabitch.

With dome and maps both on.

With just dome and stock white lens

And with just dome and $7 LMC Truck clear diffused lens. So worth it. Everyone should buy one of these. At $7 shipped and cheaper when you buy more it really cleans up the look of that dome light.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well it's been awhile since I've done anything to the truck other than drive it. Money has even very tight lately so I don't have a lot of spare parts money. But I did upgrade a few things courtesy of Justjoshiny and rock auto. I broke both interior handles which I hear is pretty common on the 95+ interiors. So I started a thread and josh just happened to have a nali parting out with tan interior handles for the right price they were on my door step in a couple days and I put them in. Another thing I should mention that I did almost a year ago. I got sick of the two piece brittle one time use pin/retainer style panel clips breaking all the time. So I took a pin (interior panel side) into my local napa and found a similar attachment style Christmas tree clip. It was a ford style but they work great! Taken my panels off at least 6 times since without breaking a single one and the panels never come loose anymore.

This past weekend I got sick of smelling gas all the time after driving. It's been bothering me and three weeks ago when I filled up and let it sit I had a few puddles of fuel under it. Time for a new tank says I.

Jumped on rock auto got a 25 gal steel tank (with lock ring kit), straps, hardware, and a new strainer for around $150. It shipped to my door in good shape and pretty quick. I ordered on a Saturday night I think it showed up the next Wednesday. So three business days. Went out got some rustoleum bed liner and clear coat took three cans of liner and two cans of clear to satisfy me. I did a terrible prep job so it didn't stick well and it was right around 50 degrees when I painted it all. So it's no surprise the paint hasn't held where it got bumped and scratched on install but I don't think it will rust fast enough for me to worry about before I pull the truck apart and restore it.

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Would you happen to have a part number for those Napa clips you used? I've been looking at replacing my clips, but if those work better, I'll give them a shot.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I got the bag somewhere I think. If I can't find it I will drop by one of the stores and get you the number. I only have like 4 NAPA's I visit all the time. Two that know me by name.....when I call. :lmao:

And thanks rob!

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Time for an update.

So money is still tight but my debt assault mod is really steaming along. I'm down to a measly $1,000. Two months and I am a free man. No cards, no loans and no payments aside from rent $100/mo, insurance and the phone. I've sold my dune tires hopefully to help in this effort and a job change is looking to be in effect shortly. Still not 100% sure its happening but its VERY promising.

As for the truck. Its been rocky since the new year. This winter was really harsh here in the mitten. Between my full time heavy truck mechanic job and plowing for an excavator I did a ton of driving to and from jobs in bad weather and the cancer has spread. It breaks my heart really.

February 15 week I went to Florida on vacation. My exhaust I have complained about being unable to keep hangers on for more than a month besides coat hangers that seem to last a year or more :shrug: was really starting to rot away from the cab back. The tips were horrible. I came home to find a brand new stainless Flowmaster super 40, pipes and tips residing from the cab back. I was elated! It sounded beautiful. Sadly I was not meant to have nice things as four days later on my lunch break I was the first vehicle involved in a chain reaction 5 vehicle pile up that sent one girl, 2 weeks from her due date, to the hospital. My four day old exhaust had the mount ripped out of the pipe, slightly cracked my drivers side manifold, bent my frame, wrecked my hitch and bumper mounts and dented my bed corner. I didn't have a whole lot of time to be pissed off on my half hour lunch break that took two hours. I came home with my new exhaust banging on my axle tube on every bump and dip in the road. I did cry a little when I got home.

$1,000 is all I got from the focus drivers insurance since I have plpd. 350 of that got my frame straightened, my bumper mostly lined back up and my hitch just needs new bolts. I strung the exhaust up with coat hangers again and have had no failures with them. Honestly it needs a whole brand new setup aside from the muffler and tips. I will save those. The rest went to my anti debt assault mod.

For the most part since I've just been keeping up with maintenance and fueling her up. The manifold has cracked completely through and sounds like hell. It is begging for headers, new cats, sensors and pipe. But I have a bolt broken off in the head requiring the head to come off the engine. With $1,000 left before I'm free, exhaust will just have to wait.

I did however last week finish the upper corner mod I've been drooling over for some time now. With my recent dice into distribution, and installation of HyPer products and custom mods I was able to do this for nothing.

I know the right running light is out. It worked for about 20 mins and then had a mind of its own. It's a wiring issue in the truck harness. Tackling that after work tomorrow. Also installed my temp sensor and ran the wires into the cab for it to prep for my compass temp mirror hookup soon.

After that the short term mods in the next couple months are to crank the bars up to level (bothering me) replace the front driving lights with LED recon pod lights and install a 6 function LED tailgate bar. Then go with led running lights. Tires are also going to be on the short list before fall. Toyo Open Country ATII in the 285/75/16 flavor. Plan to reattach the hitch as well in a couple weeks. Polish up all the chrome and wash her.

sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Glad your ok from the crash. Awesome to the upper corner mod :waytogo:

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't have much time to be shaken up either. I was perfectly fine. Put my dash bezel back on cleaned the burger mess off my face and got our of the truck. I thought it was just me and the focus until I got around the back of my truck and saw the jeep on the curb and the destroyed Hyundai. Then it kinda hit me that this wasn't no fender bender and we had sine serious shiit just go down. Then I heard I'm pregnant from the elantra driver and basically went into first responder mode. Zero time for getting mad.

sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone.