OBS Led Movotor Headlights and Turn Signals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98k1500Rob

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 98 GMC K 1500. I bought a set a Movotor Led headlights on amazon hoping to improve vision with brighter lights. I really like the look, and they are bright. They need to be a little smaller to fit easier and have easier adjusters are my only compaiaints.

My problem. My rear turn signals don't work when lights are on. Also, the running lights, the turn signals, are only lighting 4 of the 12 leds in each light. Now I did more work at the same time which entailed taking off the flat bed and painting the truck. I appear to have hooked up the lights completely. I don't remember unhooking any grounds back there. Which leads me to believe that the new leds are the cause. I am going to pull the grill, which is a pain due to having to remove the bumper, and the grille is a tight fit over these new lights. I will add that I do have a turn signal out on the edge of the grill driver side. But I don't think that would cause the issue in the back. Anyone have any ideas?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How many when you step the brake? Lights off , how many with turn signal ? Take a housing out get 12 volt hot and ground check the twilight by itself.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have an aftermarket front bumper or grille guard? I've pulled the grilles off of my '97s multiple times and I've never had to remove the bumpers.

I was also curious why it sounded like you weren't removing the lights from their brackets and re-installing them after the brackets and grille were in place, but I searched the Movotor headlights and I think I answered my own question there. Unless I'm mistaken it looks like they removed the ability to do that and just permanently attached the housings to the brackets. Not a great design IMO. Also can't believe they put the adjusters on the back of the brackets... Are you supposed to remove them and re-install every time you make an adjustment? What if the brackets don't get tightened down in exactly the same spot as they were before? That sounds like a nightmare.

There are many reviews that mention poor quality on the electrical connections, I would double check all that. Or better yet, send them back and get something else. Everything about these screams trouble IMO. I've seen them before but I didn't realize they had quite this many apparent issues.

Link to the Motovors for anyone else who's curious:

www.amazon.com/MOVOTOR-Replacement-Anti-glare-Headlights-Compatible/dp/B0BMTM1GS3

98k1500Rob

Reaction score
Ok, bumper impedes access to a small bolt holding the bottom of each side. A previous rigging by last owner. I unplugged the lights and turn signals. No effect at all. The marker light plug is taped as per instructions. I reinstalled everything. It did occur to me that the 3rd brake light might be causing it. I installed a led light there. I unplugged it and all brake lights and signals went dark. That light didn't have a resistor. I inspected the wires in the back. Nothing out of the ordinary. Not sure what to do
Do you have an aftermarket front bumper or grille guard? I've pulled the grilles off of my '97s multiple times and I've never had to remove the bumpers.

I was also curious why it sounded like you weren't removing the lights from their brackets and re-installing them after the brackets and grille were in place, but I searched the Movotor headlights and I think I answered my own question there. Unless I'm mistaken it looks like they removed the ability to do that and just permanently attached the housings to the brackets. Not a great design IMO. Also can't believe they put the adjusters on the back of the brackets... Are you supposed to remove them and re-install every time you make an adjustment? What if the brackets don't get tightened down in exactly the same spot as they were before? That sounds like a nightmare.

There are many reviews that mention poor quality on the electrical connections, I would double check all that. Or better yet, send them back and get something else. Everything about these screams trouble IMO. I've seen them before but I didn't realize they had quite this many apparent issues.

Link to the Motovors for anyone else who's curious:

www.amazon.com/MOVOTOR-Replacement-Anti-glare-Headlights-Compatible/dp/B0BMTM1GS3

98k1500Rob

Reaction score
How many when you step the brake? Lights off , how many with turn signal ? Take a housing out get 12 volt hot and ground check the twilight by itself.
The lights are ok. I have 8 of them total and they all are doing the same, only lighting 4 of 20 or so diodes

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You didn't answer the question, it's a diagnostic test , without answers I can't help you.