Tyler's DD/plaything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Distributor is on the short list for the parts cannon list to fix my misfire on the 1500. Did it fire right up, then immediately want to stall for about 10 seconds then be better again?
Nope. It fired perfectly fine if it sat overnight. After it warmed up a little it would miss lightly at idle. It stumbled like a mother f*cker beyond 1/3 throttle application. That was likely the bad spark plug. After he replaced those he said it ran good but it would surge a little and had a slight stutter. He said it cleared right up with the new dizzy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Few updates on this thing. It's had the hell cleaned out of it. His wife spent a while shampooing the carpets, and cleaning inside and out. The rear axle got replaced, and he has a bed coming at the end of the month to replace the rotted to fawk original.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its always a tough decision and I was in the exact same place as you only on the other side of Lake Michigan in WI. I loved my 2500 and built it but ultimately it needed lots of body work and a home that could garage it to keep it running. I let it go to a guy in trade for his 05 1500 which is my current truck and I have days where I wish I could have it back but rest easy knowing he gave it the love it needed. Now that we have a growing family I am back in the GMT 400's with a Suburban that I wont modify like my trucks but I love driving it a lot.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Another update. While out riding trails with my local truck club, I ran across the kid who's dad bought the old green machine. He came by with his dad to pick it up. We chatted for a bit at one of our stopping points and the body work got done, it has a new cam and timing set, and rear axle. The guy held true to his word that he was going to keep it and make it into a nice truck again. Warms my heart to know the old girl got all the love it deserved. Maybe I'll be reunited with it one day. Maybe. If not, I can't be too bummed. It's in a great home. That truck was like family to me. And knowing it's in good hands makes me feel much better about saying goodbye. Maybe I'll catch the guy out on the trails or something.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
This post makes me sad. Happy too. I'm conflicted.
I look at it this way, I still don't have the physical, monetary or skill resources needed to do what has been done to that truck. And I won't for some time still. Had I kept it, it would have been long past salvageable condition by the time I was even able to consider doing the big work. I would have had to scrap it. This guy saved my truck. And because of that, I may have a chance to buy it back sometime down the road when I have space for a 4th vehicle.

Who knows? Maybe he's a total hack and I won't want anything to do with the truck and I'll have to find something better to start with. A clean slate build, if you will. Either way, the truck is very much alive and is being daily driven and enjoyed which is more than what could be said for it if I still held the title.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
It's up for sale again. Must have lost interest in it. It needed a lot of love. Body is still shot. I still miss that truck but not enough to want the headaches that come with it back. I'll probably find it in a junk yard or some **** eventually.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk