Tyler's DD/plaything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well that's quite the upgrade, even if you did defect like a total traitor.
It's kinda funny though. I've seen a lot of guys on the ram forum coming out of 400s into a 4th gen.
It isn't an upgrade. Its a Dodge.
Oh it's an upgrade alright [emoji23]
Or as we put it in our snapchat group chat,

IT'S RA'AM
You must be registered for see images attach
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well folks. She's not mine anymore. I passed the torch to a middle aged guy who sorted out the miss roughly an hour after leaving my house with the truck. He was very gracious allowing me to keep just about all my sentimental parts aside from the headers. He also is planning to hack out the rust, replace body panels and slap a rust free bed on it. Basically everything I wanted to do with this truck but couldn't. He has promised regular update messages and a visit when it's finally sorted out.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
He found a shot plug, replaced them all, pulled the dizzy because it still wasn't running just perfect and he found the gear was worn. Dropped in a new dizzy and it runs like new [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
That sucks. Hopefully you find another 400
It does suck. But there's a few problems here. That truck needed work I was incapable of performing. The rust was bad but the cab was actually salvageable after I started looking into it. I do t have the skills to do it myself and I don't have the money to pay for it to be done. It also needed mechanical repairs. It sat around pretty much undriven for almost a year. Between the 1.5 year old I have now and life, I just never got a chance to dig into it.

I currently have a ****** in between job that's stretching longer than I was ever planning on it lasting, we are trying for #2 soon as well. I think a project truck really isn't something I can keep on the table at this point. Give it another 5 years or so when the kid (s?) Are old enough to be semi self sufficient and even come out and help daddy play mechanic, and I can probably table the idea again. But with this crap job, and busy life, and no space to keep a project indoors while time creeps along....... I had to make the tough decision to let the truck go.

When it comes time for another, I'll be looking for a clean south/west-ern truck. No rust to worry with, no rotten parts to replace. I can buy it, drive it and improve it right out of the gate.

That's just my thinking. Yes I cried when it left but for me and for that truck both, it was honestly the best solution.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I totally understand that, I got 4 kids 7,6,an twins 4. Sometimes gotta do what's better in the long run, like when my burb broke down I traded my paid off 12 Cummins for the new burb. Loved that truck but ultimately we needed a better fam rig. When the time comes you'll get another truck that you can turn into what u want without spending a fortune, an make the kid(s) help out.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Distributor is on the short list for the parts cannon list to fix my misfire on the 1500. Did it fire right up, then immediately want to stall for about 10 seconds then be better again?