So this happened....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Dang haha I will have a BB or Cummins swap someday. And a dang cowl hood! Haha

Find you a '97 4wd and it's a straight swap in ('96 and '97 have unique harnesses, '98 and later are all the same). You'll just have to redo your exhaust and modify your driveshafts.

I just noticed, are those billet step pads?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Damn!!! How did I miss this! That really sucks. She hit you hard. Hope everything works out and they fry that *****!

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
It helps to have an adjuster who knows what they are looking at. I had a retro themed '87 S10 I had just finished, got rear ended by a BMW. I walked the adjuster through what I had done to the truck, and he said "you've put a lot of time and effort in to re doing this truck, I'm going to reccomend that it gets fixed" and they paid me.
Maybe you should suggest to have it looked at again by someone with more expirience, and they will look at things a little differently.

I would also tell the the womans insurance company that you were perfectly happy with the condition, and the way your truck was before thier client ran into it, and thats how you'd like it to be again.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
It helps to have an adjuster who knows what they are looking at. I had a retro themed '87 S10 I had just finished, got rear ended by a BMW. I walked the adjuster through what I had done to the truck, and he said "you've put a lot of time and effort in to re doing this truck, I'm going to reccomend that it gets fixed" and they paid me.
Maybe you should suggest to have it looked at again by someone with more expirience, and they will look at things a little differently.

I would also tell the the womans insurance company that you were perfectly happy with the condition, and the way your truck was before thier client ran into it, and thats how you'd like it to be again.

^ This.

That's basically what we had to do with mine. Insurance companies will try to low-ball because they're in business to make money and they know that most people won't fight it. The first adjuster on my truck came up with a value that was LESS than HALF of what the second adjuster said it was worth. He had marked down everything he could, to the point of flat out lying about the condition of the vehicle (even his supervisor noticed this from the pictures he took).

The second guy was a good guy. He had actually sold a Whipple kit exactly like mine a few months ago, so he knew exactly what he was looking at and how much it was worth. The point is, you have to find someone who knows their stuff. We had to point out the fact several times that I had a running, driving, and clean title truck before, and I wanted a running, driving, clean title truck after the repairs.

If you can, I would fight to not only get the repairs taken care of, but also keep the clean title. Even if you aren't planning to sell it, a salvage title affects other things, mainly insurance. A lot of companies won't allow you to put full coverage on a vehicle with a salvage title, and there's no way (at least in CA) to have it inspected and get a clean title back.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Got the $2,300 "fix-it" check last Wednesday, calling them back tomorrow with the $2,500 estimate to replace the rear axle (which is getting louder every day), they'll probably total it then.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Truck has been declared totaled. Estimated value $6,200. I'm going to fight for a little more.