So this happened....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
Ooooouch! Man I hope everything works out!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Time to get a Hummer.

Seriously though, I don't know how that adjuster came up with 2800. Frame damage is EXPENSIVE to fix. A completely new axle will run close to a grand (I think, just guessing here). The bed and bumper will need to be replaced. The cab will need to be repaired. Then the new components will have to be adjusted and tweaked to line up correctly with the rest of the body.

And most shops I've seen charge anywhere from $80-100 per hour for body and paint labor, not counting parts or materials. I'm thinking it'll be $5-6k to repair. Mine was a simple front end collision with no frame damage. Just a fender and all the grille/bumper/rad support stuff. Some hood damage and paint on hood and driver's door. In all, I think the body shop charged the other lady's insurance around $4500. And that's with no frame damage and not a lot of paint work.

Good luck, man. Keep us updated. And next time, use your wife's car. :lol:

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Soooooo hood, big block, and the rest comes up to Alaska for my purdy red stepside, right?! haha Damn that sucks though! USAA is an awesome insurance company though! My truck has been in 4 accidents since last March! haha I actually got a call from my agent there joking around saying "Aint it about time for another claim?!" haha

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Time to get a Hummer.

Seriously though, I don't know how that adjuster came up with 2800. Frame damage is EXPENSIVE to fix. A completely new axle will run close to a grand (I think, just guessing here). The bed and bumper will need to be replaced. The cab will need to be repaired. Then the new components will have to be adjusted and tweaked to line up correctly with the rest of the body.

And most shops I've seen charge anywhere from $80-100 per hour for body and paint labor, not counting parts or materials. I'm thinking it'll be $5-6k to repair. Mine was a simple front end collision with no frame damage. Just a fender and all the grille/bumper/rad support stuff. Some hood damage and paint on hood and driver's door. In all, I think the body shop charged the other lady's insurance around $4500. And that's with no frame damage and not a lot of paint work.

Good luck, man. Keep us updated. And next time, use your wife's car. :lol:

I'm sorry, time to get a WHAT? :lol:

I'm not real worried about how much it will cost to fix. I honestly want it totalled, I can buy it back and fix it myself for a fraction of what they'll give me for it, and be able to do some extra goodies as well. And I think my adjuster was a little green, as I pointed out all of the things you just said to her and she just looked like a deer in the headlights, not to mention she didn't think there was any frame damage, despite my shiny red taco in the parking lot.

No wifey here, happily divorced, and she drives a POS Honda anyways, I probably would have died

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Soooooo hood, big block, and the rest comes up to Alaska for my purdy red stepside, right?! haha Damn that sucks though! USAA is an awesome insurance company though! My truck has been in 4 accidents since last March! haha I actually got a call from my agent there joking around saying "Aint it about time for another claim?!" haha

Not a chance haha, she'll be back to herself in no time. Yeah, USAA has been good to me in everything else I've done with them, so I expect I'll be taken care of here.