So this happened....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Got rear ended last Saturday. I was stopped and she was doing about 50. I was assisting dispatch on locating her (she was VERY drunk and all over the place), she got behind me and got me at a stop sign. Tried to run and I pinned her in a parking lot (yeah, like you're going to outrun ME? :driver:). The whole chase lasted about 25 minutes (only 2 minutes after she hit me, though). Waiting on her insurance to get back to me. Mine already came out and made an appraisal (about $6000 if they total it)

If you look you can see where the bed hit the cab pretty hard.
You must be registered for see images attach

There has to be frame damage with that kind of fold.
You must be registered for see images attach

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
well that's sucks something fierce man

sent from the c1500 Denali

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I hate seeing her like this, but I'm trying to see the silver lining. If it's fixable, I'll get a full repaint and rebuilt axle (it started whining). If it's not, I'll buy it back and have some extra cash to put into it. Still sucks though....I've only put 2800 miles on it since I put the big block in :nono:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
That sucks man. Damn drunk drivers :nono:

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Damn she hit you hard. That still might be fixable though just don't know how much that will cost had the same thing happen to me luckily my hitch held up and minimized the damage to the frame

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Damn she hit you hard. That still might be fixable though just don't know how much that will cost had the same thing happen to me luckily my hitch held up and minimized the damage to the frame

I'm really surprised my tailgate is intact. I'm dropped 2/4(ish) and she was in a 4x4 Commander. My adjuster thinks it's fixable, and that it can all be done for about $2300, but she's a chick who didn't even know what I had under the hood when she saw it, so...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that really stinks with all the work you just put into it. If they total it will you buy it back?

They may just fix it if you go in with recpits an demand fair value for all the new parts....

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
I hate seeing her like this, but I'm trying to see the silver lining. If it's fixable, I'll get a full repaint and rebuilt axle (it started whining). If it's not, I'll buy it back and have some extra cash to put into it. Still sucks though....I've only put 2800 miles on it since I put the big block in :nono:

he said he will buy it back :lol:

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Man that really stinks with all the work you just put into it. If they total it will you buy it back?

They may just fix it if you go in with recpits an demand fair value for all the new parts....

If her insurance company won't give me enough (if she's covered, there's a dispute over whether she made this months payment or not, which is just dragging things along), then yeah, I'll fight it. But I have USAA, and they treat their customers very well. I can pretty much tell them "Look, the point of totalling a vehicle is to give the person enough money to buy the exact same vehicle. You can't buy this truck anywhere, I'm going to have to build another one, I need X amount to do so", and they will work with me. A few years ago, my girlfriend (at the time), had a '77 Formula Firebird. Got hit head-on, they totalled it out, even though it still ran and drove perfect, just needed a front clip. They gave us $3800 after the buyback, which was $300. That's after I argued with the adjuster that it wasn't a Camaro (the tried to price it like one, about $1300) and is worth more. They looked back into it, and gave us more than NADA said it was worth. She also had USAA