Scotty.92 `The Resurrection` 98 Sierra K1500 - Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly, those are the only rims that stuck out to me. I was looking at DC-2s. They look great, and fairly cheap. But I mean, everyone has them. I havn`t seen much of the MAXX 6 (or 8). However, theres a NBS with the 8 in chrome, and an OBS with the 8 in chrome in my town. Try to get pics of them. I have never really seen them. Especially in the black. I want something different from what others have.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is how I am wanting my truck to look like. I`m not sure whether I want to black out the smoothie yet or not. I feel I shouldn`t because I dont want to pull rocker chrome off (Peel paint off' and who knows whats behind it.) and dont think it would look right with black bumper but chrome rockers.

You must be registered for see images attach

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Forgot to mention. I did a license plate bracket mod. Should be seen in the picture where I show the blue front crossmember. Looks better.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just thought of it, but I might plastidip it black to see how it would look like, and then if I chose I could get the rockers painted black. I have a feeling they would look out of place if I kept them chrome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's how my license plate bracket looks like. Just used a razor blade and cut along ridge found on backside of plate. Trimmed on sides and along the top. Much cleaner look IMO
You must be registered for see images

Got the truck all washed up tonight, was all over salt.. YUUCK!!

And then here is the 4-corner mod, 4-hi soon to follow.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Got myself an aluminum driveshaft also. This one is about 2-3" shorter and can use a moog 331 (1350 on both instead of conversion u-joint)

Last edited:

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got new rear end in and have about 200km on it. For the first mile of driving in town it had made a really squeaky sound from rust inside the drums (sitting in salvage yard a while), but after that it cleared right up. Have to bleed brakes yet. Hardest part was trying to find the u bolt plates and ujoint axle caps. Had to get custom u bolts made as well because they couldn't be found anywhere.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't know how much else I will be able to do with my truck here now. I only have "said" amount of money to work with because I have 2 months of schooling I have to pay for in September and I don't have much saved up for that. Soooo.... I have to decide where I am spending the allowed amount I have. My other babe needs my attention too

I put in a bigger cam into the car this fall. So I need to get torque converter ($1,000), tune ($600), intake / tb from guy at work ($300, about $1400 new), trans cooler/pillar gauge/trans temp ($ ~300), misc items ($200).

I was thinking about selling car but don't really want too. If I sold I would have enough to get a bunch done on my truck. I like the car too though............. I've spent about $3400 on exhaust alone. Lol. And a lot of my time into it.

Last edited: