Scotty.92 `The Resurrection` 98 Sierra K1500 - Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I`m sure you guys know that my old 92 silveraaydo got a fender-bender. Truck was wrote off; could either keep it and rebuild, or buy something else. Was originally going to build it up, but seen this other truck and decided towards this one. End of story. Found this truck on a local classified website. Text the guy and went to look at it. Heres the truck when it was at this guys place.

You must be registered for see images attach

Truck was located 2 hours away from me, guy had it since 2001. I felt very comfortable buying from him because he didnt hide anything from me. He told me the truth about everything wrong before we went to go look at it. I kinda said.. well okay. doesnt really matter to me. (The problems wrong with it). Has 259k on the clock, came safetied, 350 auto. black and red interior. (Important for Manitoba. Needed to register a vehicle, they last 1 year. can only use once for a register. Meaning if I register with a safety 2 weeks old, and I sold the truck in a month. I would have to get it safetied again before they can register. Something like a 150 point inspection and nothing can be out of spec) He was asking $4500 and that what he got.

The day I got the truck I went to autopac about 15 minutes later and got registered in my name. Same time I picked up seat covers, oil, misc items for the truck. Got back home and went for a good drive. It had been awhile since I could drive in my own truck because of how long its been since truck was wrote off.

Since I got the truck, the following mods had been done so far; Aftermarket Alpine deck, RealTree seat covers for front seats, 4-corner light mod, (4-HI soon), air filter, engine oil, truck washed, new battery, red LED in the cowl of the hood to glow at night. Custon carbon fiber GMC emblem.

I`m SSOOOO glad I work at a GM stealership :) Free wash bay, and free use of hoist/tools. (Let me tell you, a GM dealership has LOTS of those Kent-moore tools, and GM tech-2 scanners. As well as 2 drive on hoist, 2 HD hoist, 7. 2 post hoists. Some of the tools are so sweet. Quite literally they have a tool that can do anything on a vehicle other than body work. Literally. Amazes me for a town of 5k people.

I have future plans in the near future for the truck.

-Black wire-mesh grille (Paramount Restyling, Similar looks to RBP)
-Helo MAXX 6 rims; Black finish with the silver finish around bead.
-LED 3rd/Tail lights in black housing
-New headlights/park lights in black housing
-OEM Smoothie bumper/new rear bumper (Rear is rusted out bad)
-2 10 inch subs, 2 amps, and new 6.5/4x6 speakers.
-New mudflaps (I like keeping my paint ON the truck, they dont look terrible - except the ones on it)

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the truck. Every time I walk away I have to keep looking at it until I get to where I am going :)

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also going to be doing work on the exhaust. True duals. I took my tail pipes and tips from my old truck and putting them on this one. (Same shop that did my old exhaust, ) I will be taking the cats out soon and replacing with pipe. muffler on it now is a quiet-flow SS. You guessed it! Name says it all... QUIET-flow. I`m considering a CB Extreme. I dont care for the `famous flowmaster sound`, but like the chambered muffler sound. If that makes sense? If its not a chambered muffler. I was going with something like the slp LM2.

Also wanting to give this new truck a name. Any ideas? (Picture is from my old truck, the day I got my exhaust put on it)

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck got all washed up last night.

Heres a picture of the GMC logo and seat covers. They fit really well for universal. Got at Canadian Tire.

Have to get them adjusted yet, just threw them on. Not doing back.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bad news bear. Went to change diff oil.. I guess the magnet thought it would be hilarious to move off the rear diff cover and end up in the locker. Destroyed it, unfortunately I bought the truck this way. Going to salvage yard soon to find new rear end.

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk